weight loss

by John Doe 31 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    So the gadfly of JWN has a weight problem?
    Who would have thought it?

I thought that was obvious. I've posted pictures of me more than once. ;-) Right now, my goal is to be in shape within 6 months. I think that's easily doable. By in shape, I mean at a healty weight and able to run 1 mile without getting winded. As of now, I can only run a little under a 1/4 before I'm totally winded.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Just being slightly hungry can make you feel much better and less sluggish, so I don't doubt that you feel good. But frankly it won't last, and neither will the extreme loss rate.
    Hey don't listen to me though, read up on it.

Of course there are diminishing returns. I never intended nor expect to keep the loss rate I have now. The exercise combined with the low calorie intake should keep me from losing muscle. This is an experiment. I tend to trust results more than opinions.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I thought that was obvious.

Don't go getting persnickety with me, Doe Boy. You want I should come over there and hasten your weight loss?

My home computer has crashed; I can't view pictures at work; I do have a vague recollection that your hair is red - hence my referring to you as titian.

Am I correct?

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

My hair has a reddish tint, but it's mostly blondish brown.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi John,

I posted my experience earlier today ...

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird
    My hair has a reddish tent,

You and them homophones!

LOL.

Since your hair has a blondish-brown tint, I think I shall refer to you as Bruno.

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Better? ;-)

• John Doe
    John Doe
    You're not listening deary, there is a detrimental side effect.
    The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn even when you are sitting on your duff. You do not want to lose any muscle. Then what have you got? Useless fat, even though you may weigh less. It becomes a vicious cycle. It's a hell of a lot easier to lose muscle than it is to build it. Muscle is also much denser than fat, you can weigh less, but if it's fat you'll be bigger.

Well, I understand that after exercising, you need protein and sugar. Any way, to show I'm not wacko or anything, I just got a Pizza Hut stuffed crust pepperoni pizza and ate two slices. Pretty damned good!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Bruno,

How is your fluid intake?

Walking and weights is some of the best exercise, IMO. If you're going for high-fitness training, intervals on a REAL mountain bike works great (not at the gym).

• John Doe
    John Doe
    How is your fluid intake?

Guessing, about a 1/3 to 1/2 a gallon per day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit