Wanted: JW apologist to explain how the GB gets its messeges from Jesus the King

by Mad Dawg 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi gubberningbody,

In all this you see NOTHING resembling a "governing body". It was a beef between a couple of congregations is all it was. There's nothing in Pauls words in Galatians other than sneering with regard to any supposed superiority and wisdom on the part of any in Jerusalem.

Excellent point! Yes the WT and specifically the "governing body" have elevated themselves once again. As any real Christian knows, the body are the church and Christ is the one who governs.

1 Corinthians 12:12-29 (New International Version)

12 The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

14 Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. 15 If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21 The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28 And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.

All the best,

Stephen

• Heaven
    Heaven

The GB gets its messages from Jesus the King?!!

He must be speakin' GREEK to them because they ain't gettin' it right.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This should pretty much illustrate the process of how they learn what to write in their publications.

Governing Body Channels "Holy Spirit" in 1919

Governing Body Channels "Holy Spirit" in 1919

Modern day anointed channeling Pastor Russell from beyond the grave

Modern day anointed channeling Pastor Russell from beyond the grave

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

There is a Google Knol called "Jehovah's Witnesses Knocking" which gives a pretty good idea of how the GB wants you to understand The mysterious channel of communication works.

It also reveals the prophetic implications.

This communication channel was actually described by Jesus Christ himself in the Gospels.

You can read, rate, review, share and comment on the Google Knol here:

http://knol.google.com/k/ablebodiedman/jehovahs-witnesses-knocking/xsgu4x254479/3#

Regards

abe

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

But in view of what Acts 15:7 says, was there not "much disputing" at the meeting? The Greek term for "disputing" is related to the verb meaning "to seek" (Kingdom Interlinear Translation); it thus indicates that to find the truth, or the best manner of doing something, diligent effort is required in searching out a matter—questioning, discussing things and thus arriving at a right conclusion. With this thought in mind we can read the account with interest, noting how developments were guided by holy spirit.

Yet another example of the GB trying to whitewash the Bible. "Oh, it was only a discussion, not an argument or dispute"... even though the scripture says: "But when there had occurred no little dissension and disputing by Paul and Barnabas with them".

you cannot merely use the literal meaning of words to guess the meaning the author wished to convey. Saying that "dispute" doesn't mean "dispute" is like saying that "sarcasm" doesn't really mean sarcasm because the Greek word sarkasmos literally means "flesh-burning".

They are quite correct that the word "suzetesis" is from a root word meaning "to seek with", but the thing that they overlook is that the English words "dispute" & "argue" are also from similar roots. Dispute itself literally means "to count separately" (from dis- "separately" + putare "to count, consider"), and argue means "to make clear, demonstrate" (from the root *arg- "to shine, be white, bright, clear"). Neither has the literal meaning of a heated dispute or an argument.

Perhaps Paul and Barnabas were merely counting separately.

• designs
    designs

Thanks Blondie, I heard David Splane say those exact words at a Circuit Assembly while pounding his finger into the podium.

It was not said in kindness but as a gesture of power.

extra ecclesium nulla sallus

designs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

See my thread above "GB never put words in God's mouth" quoting the Witchtower of 1943.

Can it be any clearer for you?

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit