Why did you pick your avator or username?

by cognac 76 Replies latest jw friends

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

My name is Dave. Part of my exit from being a Witness was accepting that I am not a special creation of god per the myth found in Genesis. I am a primate. I am biologically related to all living things on this planet. My hominid ancestry goes back millions of years, not a puny 6,000. My primate ancestry goes back tens of millions of years before that. And on it goes to the first lifeforms that gained a toehold in an ancient sea.

My avatar is me.

Dave

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Because as soon as I awakened I started watching how the cult's mind control worked. Of course it's a word play on the trashazines titles.

I LOVE FAIRIES!!! I got real sick of the "friends" telling me they were angels and I shouldn't collect them. They have BUTTERFLY wings folks, not BIRD wings.

JEEZ!!!

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- My wife Mrs. Flipper initially picked " Flipper " because as a young girl she liked the T.V. show Flipper with the dolphin. So it stuck - now we are permanently Dolphins ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

In the database I use at work I have some dummy records set up for testing software functionality. Mickey Mouse is one of them.

The avatar I have is from the movie The Truman Show; I chose it because it has a lot of parallels with the JW awakening experience.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Alas, I am avatar-less since I'm 'new'. I'm not sure what to use for it once we get the ability to add one. My username is my nickname because my neice couldn't say my real name when she was little. I thought it would be rather appropriate for this Forum.

• mouthy
    mouthy

<<<<< Because I am!!!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I use my real name, because the WB&TS has already taken everything and everyone that was important to me when I was a jw. Since I have nothing to lose, I have nothing to hide. My avatar is a photo of my 19-year old cat Puss Puss. She's behind bars by choice, because she doesn't want to be bothered by our other cats or by unnecessary things like running, jumping and playing. She just eats, sleeps, uses the litter box and loudly bitches if her food isn't served on time.

• outofservice
    outofservice

Because I am so tired of serving that organization for way too many years.

• minimus
    minimus

My status was an elder when I got on here. Maximus had certain jerks make him feel very unwelcomed here. Too bad. He was a wealth of info and from what I heard a very good man.

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

I simply admire that man: WC would move ahead nomatter what. He kew when to be hard, when to be soft; always was strong. And he didn't take crap from no one.

Avatar? I tried to put one, but I can't!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit