Singer Prince Refuses Blood Tranfusions to Help his Hip Problem

by flipper 24 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Currently, knee replacement surgery can only be done twice per knee per lifetime.

I wonder if hip replacement has the same limitations...? If so, he may be delaying surgery until he gets older.

Just a thought.

-Aude.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This is the statement that needs verification....

Unfortunately, thanks to his practice as a Jehovah’s Witness, Prince still refuses surgery. JW’s don’t believe in blood transfusions.

Where did that come from? It is not only rediculous, it seems to be pulled out of the author's butt.

Here's a comment:

mafafu June 10th, 2009 at 6:17 am

As a JW with two prosthetic hips, Prince needs a new Doctor. You can easily get this surgery using a Cell Saver machine which does not require blood transfusions.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I guess all those years he spent out in service walking from house to house has taken its toll on his body.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

On another thread I said "What's the big deal?" Mom had a broken hip and it was a quick 60 minute operation. 2 inchicens 2" in length. She maybe lost half a pint.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Prince / JW - mmm I think it's all for publicity.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Nathan, now you have entertained me quite a bit over the years, but that Star Trek post was the funniest thing you've ever said!!!!1!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh silly, silly children, please listen to my condescending post for one moment:

Prince is a new dub. He's full of self-righteousness. He needs to feel the persecution... feel it... experience it... it's the sign of all "true believers" in the Sovergn Lord (pfffftttt....) Jehovah.

Remember how Christians were thrown to the lions? Prince in a little pain is his form of being thrown to the lions - his "persecution".

I mean, what if?

What if something goes wrong and he needs a blood transfusion? My goodness, better stay safe, (read: make up persecution) and live in pain for a bit so everyone in Hollywood and beyond can see what a good little dub I am now. He will cave and get the operation - just wait until Hollywood has forgotten.

• flipper
    flipper

DANIEL- P - That's funny ! " Brother Prince is such a good example " ! Not only that - he's a freak.

OUTLAW- Very true. Prince has enough money to own the WT society if he wanted to. He probably does, who knows ? If he wanted a blood transfusion I'm sure he'd get it.

PANDORA's CAT11- I didn't realize hip surgery had blood concerns either. I agree we only have one life so we have to take care of this one. Witnesses rely too much on a future fantasy which will never come.

BLACK SHEEP- Prince probably is getting bad advice. He's a JW isn't he ? So you know just by that - he's getting bad advice ! I'm sure he can get blodless surgery.

SAMMIE LEE'S WIFE- I also think Prince is trying to over promote his zeal for his faith. Kind of self promoting.

NATHAN NATAS- That's hilarious ! Somehow I can actualy envision Prince in a Star Trek episode !

STRIDER AREKKSA- You may think I'm over generalizing when I said the WT society " devalues it's members by telling them to not be so concerned about their health and welfare. " What I base my opinion on is in their own Watchtower magazine.

I refer you to the November 15th " witness only " Watchtower of 2008 under the article " Maintain a Scriptural View of Health Care ". On page 24 in paragraph 6 under the subheading " Avoid Excessive Concern Over Health Care " it states - " We know that it is wise to avoid letting our health become an obsession or a constant concern. Our attitude should differ from that of those who have " no hope " , who think that this life is all there is and who will resort to any therapy in an attempt to cure their ailments. " So yes, the Jehovah's Witnesses ARE encouraged to not be overly concerned with their health. Ridiculous. The lack of caring shown to the witnesses by their leaders is shameful and pathetic.

BOOBY- You are probably right. Prince is just a scared weenie boy . Just traumatizing himself.

BESTY- Thanks for the link.

AUDE SAPERE- Maybe he is delaying surgery until he is older . I guess he needs to still pump out his music !

I QUIT- Either the house to house work or the dancing got to him ! LOL!

LOUBELLE- I think it's all for publicity as well !

REBEL 8 - That Star Trek reference was funny !

SHAMUS 100- I agree. Prince is doing this to show what a good faithful J-dub he is . It's self promotion and promotion of the witness cult. I wonder if he counts his time being interviewed about the witnesses ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

This Guy is getting bad advice or is an idiot.

A hip replacement does not involve a risk of devastating blood loss unless the surgeon is a butcher.

Many people (not JW) get it done without blood. Blood is in such short supply they don't waste it to replace the amount lost in this relatively straightforward procedure.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit