Singer Prince Refuses Blood Tranfusions to Help his Hip Problem

by flipper 24 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

In the Sacramento Bee yesterday was an article on this. Not adept at posting links - but it's short so I'll post the sources quoted.

" Rock star Prince may be forced to choose between his faith and his health. So contends Britains Guardian newspaper, which reports that hip problems are affecting the Purple One's mobility, and his religious beliefs are preventing surgery. "

" Prince's hip problems were first reported in 2005, and in 2007 and 2008, rumors emerged of " secret surgery " . But as a Jehovah's Witness, Prince has allegedly refused blood transfusions - making a double hip replacement operation impossible. "

" The Guardian reports that bloggers point to two recent public appearances as evidence that Prince has passed on surgery. They say Prince carried a diamond - studded cane to a Tony Awards party and a bash for the 75th anniversary of the Apollo theatre. He needed the stick " to keep him upright ", Showbiz 411 reported. "

"While the Guardian also points out that Prince has been toting canes since at least the early 1990's , things are apparently very different now. "He's in a lot of pain ", a source told Showbiz 411 blog this week. " Prince is popping pain killers and hoping it will go away. "

So like many Jehovah's Witnesses Prince refuses blood transfusions to help his health out. Also as Jehovah's Witnesses were counseled in one of their " Witness only " Watchtowers this winter that they don't over emphasize health care needs or put too much concern towards their health because they think " God " will bring a paradise and cure them of all their ailments ! Notice even Prince was just " hoping it will all go away. " The JW cult devalues it's members by telling them to not be so concerned about their health and welfare. Sad really. As always - I welcome any and all thoughts . Peace out to all, Mr.Flipper

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Brother Prince is such a good example!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If Prince got hit by a Bus and needed a transfusion..He`d take it..Prince does what he wants.............................OUTLAW

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

Hi Mr. Flipper!!, I have missed reading your posts. I didn't realize hip replacement surgery had blood concerns. Prince has money and you would think he could have found some other type of treatment for his ailment. "Popping pills" to deal with the pain is going to lead to a whole lot of other problems. This religon does indeed stress too much on the hope of the paradise to fix all health problems. The problem is that this hope, if he believes, may not be in his lifetime. We have only one life, this life. LIVE.

Pandora's cat

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I am using the search engine at the Guardian right now and I can't find it.

Bloodless hip replacement is common in New Zealand and is no big deal.

I suspect that the story may be just an internet rumour.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Found it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/11/prince-refuses-hip-surgery

There are no credible sources quoted to substantiate this story.

If it is true, Prince is getting bad advice. My Father has had both hips done bloodlessly.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Bloodless hip surgery is very common. Methinks that Prince wants to keep his crown while at the same time promoting his zeal for faith - this sort of stuff just keeps him in the news so he isn't seen as a has been. sammieswife.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I hear that Prince's next album will be titled, "I ain't got 2 B2 hip 4 U".

Nathan, with visions of Prince as a head-on-a-box ala Star Trek's Captain Christopher Pike ("The Menagerie")

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

"devalues it's members by telling them to not be so concerned about their health and welfare."

While a little on the over generalizing side, I guess that's one way to look at it yes...

• booby
    booby

My wife had a hip replaced and the consensus is that there should normaly be no need for blood. Prince is probably just a little weeny boy who is scared of the surgery. It is quite traumatic to think about, when one considers what is involved. He probably thinks he should be able to stand behind a large sheet and give the impression that his hips are good. Just like the sheet made him think the wierd guitar meant he had a large penis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit