...Does it Bother you,when other Posters Disagree with You?...

by OUTLAW 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Rob you silly twit!

Beks, you goofy snot. LOL

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

agree or disagree, I couldnt care. Name calling is hurtful but even that doesnt bother me...hell, as my GF told me tonight when I was telling her about some idiot that I was trying to collect a cable bill from: "Rich, you should be used to that, you were a JW for years..." Smart girl... lol

Was it French philospher Voltaire that said:

" I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Snakes ()

ps...I love Voltaire...he had some great sayings... I will have to post some from time to time...

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Great question.

For me, it is disappointing that no one recgonizes how right I am...

Ok, that was my full of sh*t comment...

Seriously, I am reminded that even though I wouldn't post my thoughts if I didn't think I was either "right" or have a legitimate point of view, I see that there are a lot of people who disagree with me. It gives me pause.

I try to be pragmatic about those who are wrong. (i.e. disagree with me... lol) It reminds me that both sides will have to deal with each other on some level to move forward. I personally can argue all day long for a liberal pov and its long term benefits. I am fascinated by conservatives and their zeal for the past. (not a shot, just how I perceive it)

I do think where reasonable people can put their cards on the table, and avoid the machine gun debate style that has been in vouge in American politics lately, that more can get done.

To take yourself to seriously is where the problems begin. Be passionate about your arguments, your politics and your religion. (or lack therof) But realize that viewpoints are like clothes, they can grow or shrink, they can change, newer models (ideas) are always out there, and to wear the same ideas for years (decades) could mean that you haven't grown too much.

In any case, ideas are ideas, people are people, and I think that sometimes, we have a hard time telling the difference apart.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Yes, it annoys the hell out of me!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JeffT/Robdar/beks..We have a lot of humour on our board..Ya gotta love it!..LOL!!.............................................Snakes..You so lucked out with your girlfriend!!..Lucky bastard...LOL!!...................................ATJ.."In any case, ideas are ideas, people are people, and I think that sometimes, we have a hard time telling the difference apart"......So true............................................Purps..LOL!!........................................OUTLAW

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Not really. Five years here has taught me much about how to handle it when someone rudely disagrees. That spills over into real life, too. Being able to handle rude customers, etc. isn't a lot different from dealing with being flamed at JWN. I can usually count on JD to flame me at least once a month. But especially after the sweet things he said about his mother and her beautiful gray hair, I have resolved to be easier on him.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Bah!

Water on your back, FHN. Your self-worth isn't based on some internet person that hasn't the balls to say what he or she wants to to your face.

Me? I try to post what I'd say to someone's face. Yes, I'm an arsehole.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

FHN..Ya,the board has taught me to calm down too........JD likes to Flame..But..Then Sylvia is usually BBQ`n his Bacon when she can..LOL!!........Our board has really come along way..It`s a nice plce to be..................OUTLAW

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I try to say it with at least a little bitty bit of patience and tact, but sometimes, I guess I am not so good at it. I can be emphatic, for sure.

• Open mind
    Open mind

No one dares to disagree with me. I'm an elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit