Rabbits in the Church!

by cameo-d 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Ziddina: "Hmm. I don't know the facts of the situation, but - as Cameo-d pointed out in one of his earlier posts, hares are often connected with Goddess worship."

I did not point that out personally. As a matter of fact, if you read my posts you would know that I do not agree that this has anything at all to do with worshipping the Easter Goddess.

The only time goddess worship was mentioned was when I was discussing the stabs in the dark and ridiculous speculations of those who have no true spiritual understanding of the meaning of the three hares. These people are just guessing and are totally without a clue.

Some of them have even collected thousands of dollars in research grants to "discover the meaning" of the three hares.

And to think it all boils down to some Easter goddess is pathetic.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The construction of Imperial Cathedral Konigslutter was begun in 1135 by the Emperor Lothar of Supplingenburg and was finished by his grandson Henry the Lion of Saxony in 1170.

The Hunting Frieze

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Well, it looks like the hunter got one of the Hares.

But....

in an unprecedented move........

The two remaining hares.......

BIND THE HUNTER!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Noo, I did perceive that you didn't support the idea that the 'Hares' have anything to do with Goddess worship... But that connection was mentioned in one of your posts... Maybe I should have stated that more clearly...

This is not a subject that I've researched - nowhere nearly as thoroughly as you have, but I have read [several sources] that the moon is frequently associated with a 'hare' or rabbit, as opposed to a 'man-in-the-moon'...

Segueing from that point to the fact that there are many connections in many cultures between the moon - worship of the moon, and Goddess worship - not just "Eostre", but other Goddesses as well - I still suspect a 'Goddess-worship' connection between the three hares' symbol and said Goddess worship... Especially when one takes into account that 'Triple Goddesses' were actually the first "Divine Trinity" worshipped, in the Middle East and many other locations beside Gaelic lands.

BTW, there is a rather common blue-bell-like flower that grows here in Colorado that is called "hare-bells". The origin of the flowers' folk-name is interesting. It seems that the 'hare-bell' was originally named in Scotland, where the locals believed it had to do with witchcraft. It was called 'hare-bell' because hares were considered to be the consorts of witches...

If I had more TIME I'd look into that further... I'm curious as to why - what time period - the hares were considered to be witches' "familiars" instead of cats... I suspect that would be prior to the introduction of domestic cats into Scotland. Which is puzzling, because Scotland has a native wildcat that is very similar to domestic cats...

I am VERY impressed with all the research you're doing on this subject. What started your interest in it??

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit