The Watchtower Didn't Make Me An Atheist

by B_Deserter 111 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
    rebel8

You’re Welcome rebel8 as you don't seem to have a response to anything I stated anyway.

I didn't read your drivel because, as I pointed out, you're not worth my time.

Anyone who does not possess knowledge of basic manners probably does not possess knowledge of more complex topics.

Please commence the ignoring as promised. Or are you not in mastery of your emotions enough to not have the last word? Let's see. Bye now.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Atheism is a belief like bald is a hair color.

• thomas15
    thomas15

B_D,

A couple of thoughts. As an Evangelical, I define an atheists as a person who has proof that God does not exist. Is this accurate and if yes, what proof was the clincher for you?

I'm personally amazed that anyone who comes out of the WT would have any belief in the God of the Bible or not be bitter towards anyone, especally a person who claims to be a Christian. Freedom of religion is actually very important to me.

In the case of Raymond Franz, from my reading of C of C and In Search of..., Ray left the WT because he started on his own to develop a real interest in the Bible, studied it and then compared WT teaching to the Bible, finding that the WT had strayed a considerable distance from the baseline of the Bible. For me it is somewhat of a paradox, the WT and JWs state that the Bible is God's word and the basis for the faith but when you show a JW where the WT teaches contrary to the Bible they side with the WT. But one of the teachings of the New Testament is that when a man comes to God in true faith and places his or her trust in Jesus and His work on the cross for salvation, this action is all of God. In other words, I cannot beat you into submission to a saving relationship with the Lord Jesus, that is God's job.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I define an atheists as a person who has proof that God does not exist.

You can re-define words as much as you'd like.

• sir82
    sir82

I define an atheists as a person who has proof that God does not exist.
    You can re-define words as much as you'd like.

ROFL!

I hereby define the word "armadillo" to mean "that little piece of fuzz that is so difficult to pick out of your navel."

I trust the authorities at the Oxford English Dictionary will be making their revisions forthwith.

• superpunk
    superpunk

A couple of thoughts. As an Evangelical, I define an atheists as a person who has proof that God does not exist. Is this accurate and if yes, what proof was the clincher for you?

Here's an interesting summary of the problem with your idea here.

http://www.graveyardofthegods.net/articles/cantprovenegative.html

• leavingwt
  • superpunk
    superpunk

Thanks LWT. This site give me problems with formatting and such, lol. I understand how to insert clickable links, but I'm also lazy. :)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I understand how to insert clickable links

This is the part where I MUST demand proof of this, in view of the arguments at hand.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi elemental

I enjoyed your thoughts on the bible not having to be perfect despite being inspired although I do see a flaw if we accept that, couldn't this be used as an excuse to correct perceived imperfections so the bible is more in line with the theology drawn from it if there is some conflict?

Reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit