Be realistic in 2009! Why Politics will NEVER turn on Religion in our society!

by Witness 007 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It's not just "politics", it's supposed to be the United Nations that destroy religion... and the kings of the earth mourn.

Yeah, like the UN can accomplish anything.

And don't forget the cry of "peace and security" that's supposed to happen immediately before.

And don't forget the important role that Daniel's "King of the North" is supposed to play... keep your eye on Canada!

B the X

• JeffT
    JeffT

Sometimes fulfillment is never how we expect it to happen,

Nothing has ever happened the way the WTBS said it would

and turning on religion could be done slowly and subtly.

Not according to the WTBS

Jews to this day are still waiting for an actual messiah to overthrow rome :)

Not according to any person of the Jewish faith I've talked to.

Most people still profess a religious belief of some sort, or don't care if other people do. The Watchtower fantasy has about government turning on religion involves about 5% of the world's population starting a war with everybody else.

• besty
    besty

The Pentagon spends in 36 hours what the UN spends in a year.

Don't think the UN will be calling any shots anytime soon.

More likely is an enhancement of existing human rights legislation preventing harmful mental abuse of minors.

A new classification of 'high control group' <aka dangerous cult> with specific legislation would allow mainstream religions to continue unaffected.

For example, taxing HCG's differently to other religions and preventing formal association <baptism> into HCG's for minor children would be a big step.

An increased focus on Health and Safety legislation could slow down their volunteer recrutiment program <aka preaching>.

A successful lawsuit proving that the WTS caused wrongful death by coercion and offering misleading medical advice could make whole blood and primary components a conscience matter. (97% done already)

Just some examples of where 'politics' and the legal system can change the WTS in something more palatable.

Personally I think religion is an anachronism that is in long decline in any case, with or without acceleration from government. It is fundamentally out of step with the major trends affecting humanity in the 21st Century.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I agree that the United Nations and western democratic nations as they presently are will never turn on religion. The JW's really are hopelessly deluded on that. We are decades yet from anything even remotely resembling a global clamp-down on religion. However, it is naive to think that one day it might not happen. I say this because of course it happened in the USSR and is still the case in China. The atheistic USSR controlled a huge bloc of countries for decades and shut the churches down. For a large proportion of this century, nearly 2 billion people were under communist centrally controlled regimes that suppressed religion.

One day the USA, Britain and the UN will not be the domininant political forces in the world...one day there may be a third world war and countries like China and Russia may emerge victorious and impose a new global order that crushes freedom of religion. In fact, I'd say that scenario will more than likely take place sooner or later and many Christians firmly believe the Bible foretells it. It's just not going to happen in the near future and not through the UN the way the JW's expect it to.

• TD
    TD

Reniaa,

Jehovah's Witnesses interpret metaphors in Revelation like, "For in one hour is thy judgmenet come" (18:10) and "For in one hour, so great riches is come to naught" (18:17) to mean that the demise of religion will be very swift and unexpected. They have taught this for many, many years since the early days of Rutherford.

The world is full of millions of people who will fight to their dying breath to preserve and (In the case of Islam) advance their religion. The world will have to change considerably before an incompetent and powerless entity like the U.N. could crush religion by fiat.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    You wanna bet on this witness007?

I don't know if they do, but I will.

There is no way politics will turn on religion in my lifetime or even the lifetime of my daughter. Religion creates lemmings that don't question what they're told and politics rely on them.

Whatever you would like to bet I'm up for.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Of course I cannot see it happening either....but to the Witness that is no argument.

It is forecast to be a great shock, when it comes. It is supposed to be unexpected, That is the clever part of it

(and don't forget that the King of the North has got to appear and persecute J W's as well, before the end)

• out4good3
    out4good3

Every witness living now will die believing that the UN will turn against religion and theat when the system will turn it's eye towards them, it will be like touching their puppetmster's eyeball.

What a load of crap!!!!

They are always accusing the 1975'ers of serving the great puppetmaster for a date when they are unconsciously doing the same thing.

• out4good3
    out4good3
    You wanna bet on this witness007?

I don't know if they do, but I will.

There is no way politics will turn on religion in my lifetime or even the lifetime of my daughter. Religion creates lemmings that don't question what they're told and politics rely on them.

Whatever you would like to bet I'm up for.

I want in on some of this action. This'll be like shooting fish in a barrel.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Separation of church and state....no matter what measure are taken to sanction the business practices of religion to stay in compliance with the law, religion will NOT disappear by political action.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit