Letter to UK Chaities Commission

by stillajwexelder 20 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa, being a hrdline apostate against the WT is not a bad thing.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you send that to the Charities Commission they will bin it without giving it any consideration.

Spell and grammar check it. Not by yourself. Use Word.

Remove every accusation for which you cannot provide evidence that they would consider to be kosher.

Provide that evidence with the document. Do not wait for them to request it.

Then, read it again very carefully. If there is anything in it that might possibly give them the impression it is written by a loony, or written in anger, remove it.

Remember, it is not your impression of the document that is important. It is their impression of it that is all important.

Get someone else to read it before you send it. Listen to their advice.

You only get one chance. Don't blow it.

Cheers

Chris

• besty
    besty

@ The Bible Student

It's obvious you don't know who I am or what I do, or my background with the JW and ex-JW communities. You are very foolish to publicly insult people you don't know, particularly people that are offering help. If you wish I will help you get publicity for your case once you demonstrate credibility.

Credibility includes:

Not making unsubstantiated claims - ITSupport and I have both asked you to verify your claim about Paul Gillies being homosexual. You have made this claim twice now. Now it's time to back up your claim or retract it. We are not WTS apologists. Being credible in the fight against the WTS is not helped by unfounded personal attacks on individuals, no matter how strongly you feel about their role within the WTS.

Writing Style - a well written letter will help you have the best chance of success when dealing with external agencies. Do you agree? A letter filled with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors along with a complete absence of structure and logical flow is not a good thing. Do you agree? Add in some unsubstantiated and irrelevant claims and mix with some spurious ranting and the overall impression is sub-ideal. Do you understand why I offered some help? If you disagree or don't understand why I offered help please let me know as this is valuable information to me.

Basic Thinking Ability - Attacking people you don't know whom are offering help is not a good indicator of common sense. To then compound this with abusve and insulting PM's belies the claims you make about your own education.

I suggest you modify your approach if you want help from people that are on your side.

In the meantime maybe you could post some links to any media coverage of your story so far.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

BS.....BS.......

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Yup, if this is for real, what Black Sheep wrote is correct.

The Charities Commission will just send you a standard reply.

They aren't interested in emotion, just hard facts - backed up with hard evidence.

• fokyc
    fokyc

If you wish I will help you get publicity for your case once you demonstrate credibility.

To 'The Bible Student',

That seems a pretty fair offer from 'Besty', your existing 'rant' will inevitably just be binned or shredded, I doubt you will even get an acknowledgement, let alone a reply.

I have read your 4 posts here on this subject, re. I think; 'Letter to UK Charities Commission' which incidentally has an 'r' in it!

Your spelling, grammar and layout are absolutely atrocious. Your credibility is zero.

f okyc

• Mary
    Mary
    They had also made threats to blow up German and Chinese civilian aircraft at cost of innocent civilian life, which was being done in the name of the God, a God they profess to serve?

I find this extremely difficult to believe. Who exactly made this threat? And what prompted it? Any evidence of it? Why would Witnesses threaten to blow up aircraft? They're Witnesses, not Muslims.

With that said, I agree with BlackSheep. You need to tone down the letter and leave personal feelings out of it or they'll just toss it in the garbage. The WTS indeed deserves to lose their charitable status as they do absolutely nothing charitable in the first place, but this is not the way to proceed.

• besty
    besty

For the record The Bible Student sent me a nice apology via PM

I think he may be Chinese and is struggling with English/Chinese versions of Windows.

There may be the basis of a story in there but I think The Bible Student needs someone local to him to help him in person.

• core
    core

I agree with fokyc - a letter such as this just destroys your credibility, I have no doubt you feel strongly about this issue but you will get nowhere with a letter the style of which makes the reader think ...."nutter"

Sit down calmly and make your points one by one with specific evidence - the chatrities commission in the UK do NOT deal with emotions or emotional hurt, they regulate charities according to the law and you are giving them no reason to examine your issues - you need to make specific complaints

Nothing personal but seriously - your letter harms the work of those who are exposing the JW organisation.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Is it only me, or is this slowly but surely growing just a tiny bit too strange?

It isn't possible-san's long lost brother, is it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit