What Bored You The Most As A JW?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The elder's meeting after the circuit assembly was monotonous too. It was a rubber stamp to accept any expense they wanted to tack on to the circuit.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Agonizing, the WT study. Sitting through it some Sundays was excruciating. When all you can think of is when is this going to be over and not hear a word being said, it's time to quit going!!!

• minimus
    minimus

I really thought the bookstudy was worse. We had a lot of elders so I gave up the bookstudy and another elder took over. My God, he was boring and he literally read EVERY scripture cited INCLUDING the ones already quoted PLUS he'd go overtime!

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Every bookstudy conductor I've had would go overtime by 10 or 15 minutes, every meeting. And they felt the need to comment themselves after every single comment. I started leaving on the hour the meeting was supposed to be over.

Am I the only one who found the service meeting to be even more interminably boring than the watchtower? Maybe that's because it always came at the end of a long day. At least after the watchtower I knew there would be time to do what I wanted.

• minimus
    minimus

At the end, I started leaving when the meeting was SUPPOSED to be over. I would just walk out. Did it many times. If they wanna be inconsiderate, oh well.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Repeditave dry meetings..Repeditave dry information..You can only spin the same old information so many ways..In the end it`s the same old information..A waste of time..........................OUTLAW

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Everything...

• oompa
    oompa

early on it had to be conventions and assemblies!!!........i cant believe this was not at the top of the list and nobody has said this?........geeze why do you think so many are walking the halls, hanging outside, and reading the paper in their car?? (or was that just me??).......then later they all became tedious.....i have never sat on a toilet so much in my life!!

then later i just hit the library, wrote a script/book, played with kids etc........ANYTHING to be distracted..........oompa

oh ya.......and i would lay down in the coatroom which nobody ever used and it had a door and no speaker in it!......i had some back issued and used it as an excuse for a nap....

• flipper
    flipper

Attending the meetings. I would actually fall asleep many times. Or a brother giving a public talk who had ZERO speaking ability with absolutely no emphasis and spoke in a monotone voice. Made me want to shoot myself - or the speaker

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The most boring part for myself were the assemblies, even when I tried to concentrate I thought the speakers

presentation was just redone propaganda that I heard already a million times over and over again.

Funny how they would hype the summer assemblies every time with new light and a new publication to be presented,

as if there would be new important info on the impending end of the system of things,

in other words constantly holding out that proverbial carrot on a stick. I think they still do that if I'm not mistaken.

Lets just say my literature was full of doodle art.

Looking back on it now it was all just a waste of time and human effort.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit