Were you a good witness in school?

by keyser soze 14 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I have to confess that I really wasn't. It wasn't that I was bad. I just didn't do all the things that were expected of me.

I remember being envious of those kids they would interview at meetings and assemblies; the ones who could stand up in front of all their classmates and talk about "the truth". My oldest sister was one of those kids. It was something I could never do, and I always felt like I wasn't good enough for that reason.

I hated standing out. Not just as a JW, but in general. I had a lot of insecurities, and being a witness only added to it. I always sat in the back, and I hated it when the teacher would call on me. My only objective throughout my high school years was to be invisible. For the most part I succeeded.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow, I was the same way. My favorite hideout was the school library.

Josie

• wobble
    wobble

Yea,

I used to hide the fact I was a Witness, if it came out I said "well my parents are". I was embarressed, you would think that alone should have made me question more, but I believed the Cult-speak, that the "Worldlings" did not understand spiritual things.

So I was a useless Witness at school, by Dub standards.

Love

Wobble

• Nowman
    Nowman

Wow, I feel like this question is directed at me-LOL, how selfish of me-LOL

You see I tried to be a good JW girl, but I loved school for the main reason of getting away from my very strict parents. I lead a double life. I also got into alot of trouble with my parents because I went to school with othe witness kids. I was not a bad kid...I just wanted to be normal.

In fact, I got in so much behind closed doors that the counselors at school and some members of my family that were not JWs inquire into child abuse. In my freshman year of highschool, this JW kid saw me kissing a boy and told his elder dad. I got home to a surprise that day, the biggest beating I ever had. I had bruises on my fingers, my mom cut 8 inches off my hair.

Want to hear the kicker? This kid who told on me, a year later he murdered his parents, and my dad found them.

Craziness!

Those poor JW kids! ***Nikki****

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I was and now I wish I hadn't been, haha! I sat in the hallway or in the library from November until January because of all the holiday things in elementary. Then, I was the one kid who had to sit out of Sex Ed in middle school. I was considered a snotty girl because I would not go out on dates or to parties. It was rough, but at the time I took it as proof of doing what is right. What a waste.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i was not a witness as a kid, but i knew several. most of them hung out together except for one that they always kinda picked on by the other witness kids, everyone else seemed to like him. he was actually very good at sports in gym class and we tried to get him to play baseball and basketball. he never would. he always said that he did not have time for that. fast forward many years, and i went back home to visit. they are all still there but one. this guy that was not very popular with all the other witness kids is in another KH. he is an elder and married to a really nice sister and has a really good job from what everyone has said. there was one girl that was a jw that was pretty popular in college, but not for her stand she took. mostly for the fact that she laid down alot, and i mean alot.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Hell yes!!!

I was too good (and righteous, I thought)

/newborn

• Waffles
    Waffles

Wow Nowman, that is an insane story! Crazy crazy stuff!

• yknot
    yknot

I was a model JW child.....

Bookreports and other papers were based on WT pubications unless the teacher assigned otherwise.

I attempted to give a tolerant witness in all my classroom answers.

When the teachers or school stepped over the boundaries regarding religion I turned into a mini-Covington drolling on and on about JW court cases. Actually I was a defender of anyone in the underdog position and that is the only reason I had any social contact during later years of lunch or recess.

I didn't spend much time in that chair outside of the classroom, I was a library ward...... many times to the point that my teachers forgot I had been sent there. The librarian was a wonderful person and was very kind to me. I would sit and read non-fiction for hours and hours.

Socially I was an acquaintance to many and BFF to none.

Oh and did I mention I did all of that while being 'marked' as bad association, barred from any JWkid contact and being utterly hated by the PO and congregation!

I saw all of it as persecution and temptation from Satan...... Yep those first KH elders programmed be very well indeed!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Keyser Soze..Yep..I was a good JW kid,till I hit High school..Then I was a Bad JW kid just like most of my JW friends.................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit