The Today show on Monday, June 15

by coffee_black 13 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My 14 year old grandson will be on the Today Show on Monday June 15 as he begins his walk to Washington DC from Orlando, Fl to raise awareness about the enormous number of homeless children in this country. It will air if all goes well... they have changed it a couple of times know, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

In case you haven't read about his cause, his website is www.helpingstepbystep.com

I'm leaving Massachusetts later today so I can be there for the kick off...

Coffee

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That is so cool.

Josie

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Wish him well....he's a better man then me...go boy go!

• snowbird
    snowbird

May all go well with you and him.

Sylvia

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

What a terrific and beautifully selfless young man he is! How very proud you must all be of his efforts and his loving heart. Thanks for posting this....it is always nice to see GOOD and POSITIVE news about others.

hugs,

Annie

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I hope his journey is a safe and uplifting one. He is starting off well with a life of being compassionate and helpful.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Here's the link to the Today Show story

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=92673236739&h=crDHS&u=_WUO7&ref=mf

Great send off yesterday. The Mayor of Orlando proclaimed June 15th David Ashby Day

David made it to his first stop, a shelter in Sanford, FL ... 21.1 miles according to google on foot.

Coffee Who is pooped... in Winchester VA at my son's house... dropping my granddaughter (David's 10 yo sister) off to stay with my son and his wife for a week or so... and will leave for home shortly with Chase (David's 5 yo brother ) who I will have for about about a month...

Left Massachusetts Friday...drove to Orlando...Monday began return trip by way of VA... will be total of well over 3000 miles by the end of today...

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

You sound totally tuckered out! Glad to hear it went well and he is through the first stretch. What a lovely endeavour to be part of, you and your family must be so proud of him! Congrats to David :D

• Priest73
    Priest73

Coffee, let me know when he gets close to Va...

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Will do, Priest.

Just got this link with the story that ran today in the Orlando Sentinel

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/lake/orl-lockid-walk-homeless-061609061609jun16,0,2889201.story

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit