Pictures of JWs with Sandwich boards

by Shepherd Book 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Man, I didn't know they were doing sandwich boards as late as 1958. I'd say not caring about making a fool of yourself is a valuable skill. Probably not worth the time and effort you put into the religion, but, still.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Here are 2 interesting pics;

Dog with sign Face the Facts

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

and here's pic 2:

dogs and cats with signs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I remember the Sandwich boards..It was at the New York assembly in the mid 50`s......JW Sandwich`s walking the streets in New York..Quite a site for a little kid to see............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

here's some anti-WT boards!

http://www.exjehovahswitnesses.com/index.htm

Randy

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Proclaimers book has some interesting photos. See pages 265, 434, 490 (Watchtowers), 556(Watchtower), 568, 569.

"Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose," page 145 states:

"A new service begun in 1936 in Newark, New Jersey, was further developed in London. In advertising the lecture 'Face the Facts' not only were placards suspended from the shoulders of the individual Witnesses fore and aft but, additionally, between those wearing the placards, other Witnesses carried signs fastened to poles. Those signs read alternately 'Religion Is a Snare and a Racket' and 'Serve God and Christ the King.' The brothers then formed a parade line that was six miles long and walked through the busy sections of the city passing out handbills as they went advertising the talk. This spectacular feature came to be known as 'informtion marching'p and was used extensively for some time to advertise the recorded public lecture, though later the Witnesses would walk singly or in pairs instead of forming a parade line."

Footnote p: The Golden Age, Vol. 18, Nov 18, 1936; Informant, May and June, 1939.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

From The Golden Age Nov. 18, 1936 issue pg 120 under the subheading "Advertising" follows:

GA article on Sandwich boards

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Also, go to

http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/ is a good site for viewing old literature. Click archive on the left. Then scroll down to Magazines. Look at the

April 4, 1940 Consolation, page 14. On the right is a large sign (10 ft. by 18 ft. near San Antonio, Texas proclaiming
    "Religion is a Snare and a Racket." See also "All in one family" at the bottom left.

For the one on 1940s Reports on Jehovah's Witnesses, scroll down to near the bottom under "News and Magazines"

There are probably other issues with signs and what have you, but I got tired.

• loosie
    loosie

My mom has one of my sister when she was four yrs old wearing a sandwich board. I don't have it otherwise I would post it. My sister is now 59.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hey thanks for posting the scan with the story from Little Rock,

Could you tell me the date?

Thanks,

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit