I was asked to leave the table...an incredible shunning experience

by JustHuman14 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

There was a social event and I was invited to attend. The event was by a kindergarden school that my 3 year old child had a play. After the songs and theatrical plays by the kids food was served.

At the same kindergarden school, some JW's have their kids also. I took my seat and near me they were about 20 JW's. They weren't sitting next to me, I had a technical separation of 3 empty chairs. Then a close relative(JW) comes to me and asks me to go some were else to have my dinner, since it wouldn't be nice on my behalf to make them leave the table...

I just got up of my chair and said to the person,"you bloody Pharisees, do you think you are better from the rest of the world?" and I left...

I'm sick and tired from this Cult. There times that I can't take them anymore. WT ruined my life and still in every way they are messing with us.They never stop to hit us in every occasion. It was in public place,an event that JW's had nothing to do with, and still I was asked to leave...Those bastards in Brooklyn are incredible...and they have the guts to write about persecution and for someones choice to have a new religion...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That's a ridiculous way to treat you. Bullying is the only word for it. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. It would be very hard not to get angry. Were other people watching this? The Witnesses might have been less inclined to bully you if other people were watching.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You wouldn't be making them leave the table if you stayed.

They would leave by their choice, making a spectacle of themselves for all to see.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

What happened to you was absolutely appalling. I applaud you for just walking away because it was a public situation. I don't think I could have.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Wow! I don't know what to say. I applaud you for keeping your cool as well as you did. I would have been tempted to stay in my seat, acting very nice and calm, (even though I would be seething inside) and have those haughty JW's make asses of themselves by having to explain to everyone else there why they felt you were not good enough to sit with them. Nothing JW's do surprises me anymore. Again, you were the one with the good heart to give up your seat for them without a fuss. Shame on them for putting you through this!

• reniaa
    reniaa

They were wrong to ask you to leave, this is not what the gb or bible would advocate, they should access whether they themselves are socialling with you and leave or stay themselves. this shouldn't involve any action on your part.

Reniaa

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I already said what I felt but reniaa I applaud you for what you said. People think you have no heart or you are too into JW's but what you said indicated you do have a heart. I knew you did.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Their actions are not based on Love. If they truly were to shun you, then, by their own laws, they should have just ignored you. What they did just amount to bullying and hate. Not very Godlike or Christlike qualites.

Idiots like these so called JW "servants of God" do more harm than good.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

They have no right...it's not the Kingdom Hall!

• shamus100
    shamus100

I would have sat at the table they were sitting at and struck up a conversation with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit