Are Teachers Being Laid Off in Your Area?

by compound complex 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

damn cops get so much overtime, and the other city jobs are shit upon!

this gets me boiling!

in my area a cop makes over $75k after 3 years. and get "pba" jobs at $80/hour flagging street and sidewalk construction and they are never happy even when they end up making $115k on that year!

• loosie
    loosie

No here in KS they have decided to just not give them raises. The teachers are complaining about no raises. but I think they are lucky to have a job and should be okay on 36K a year.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

The fall after I moved here the teachers had a strike over their benefits. When I heard what they wanted I was appalled. They were grieved over the school district wanting them to have their family members make a 3$ co-pay for Dr. visits & prescriptions. Their health bennies were completely paid by the district(tax payers) and all family covered at no cost.Their argument was they were professionals & only asking what they were due. I have never met a professional with such a generous benefit package. The people around here are mostly blue collar & without insurance. Teachers got what they wanted and no one seemed upset when I would ask them what they thought of it.

We have investigations going on over bribes made for teachers jobs. Applicants were allegedly making 10-20K payments to get hired. So things may be changing here.

I have heard enrollment going down in California because of the co-ed showers & bathrooms & sex ed classes.

BF

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Take with a grain of salt (Hanlon's Razor):

I've heard a conspiracy theory that after losing the Dover trial, the creationists who had taken control of public school boards adopted a new strategy - to sabotage public schools with poor performing teachers and poorly spent funding. According to the theory, if they can keep public school grades low, then private school will appear more attractive to parents, and in private schools evolution can be tossed out the window and creationism taught as fact.

- Lime

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, DaCheech, Loosie, Blithe and Hint, for entering into the discussion and bringing in some relevant side points.

Gratefully,

CoCo

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Yes. We are in a small community now, and both of our children's teachers were laid off three days before the end of the year. They got their pink slips, and both a personal day to begin looking for new work.

It is really sad! They are moving some around and even hiring new. I don't get it. Also two bus driver routes are being combined with other routes. There are some kids who are already riding the bus for at least 45 minutes in the morning. Can you imagine being in Kindergarten and boarding the bus at 6am and not getting home until about 4pm? Madness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit