Share: Where have you been shunned?

by mrsjones5 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• cognac
    cognac

Password... That's really sad...

• boyzone
    boyzone

I'm shunned most days. Shopping round town, in the place where I work when the dubs come in for their morning coffee and at the school gate. It hurt like nothing on earth for the longest time, but the pain is easing now. I feel nothing but a mixture of contempt and pity for them now.

Password, that must have been a harrowing ordeal for you all and I'm glad your father in law could see first hand just how bad the shunning is. I'm so sorry the Society have done this They truly are wicked. This one policy completely destroys their credibility in the eyes of the public and the more people know about it the better. By their fruits......

I hope your family wasn't too hurt by the actions of these people.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I hope your family wasn't too hurt by the actions of these people.

Our children weren't hurt and I too hope that our extended family (i.e. my father-in-law, brother-in-law and new wife) aren't hurt. However, my feeling is that the Witnesses should experience the consequences of their actions.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What an unfortunate mess Password. You and the wifey handled the situation like troopers and I'm glad the kids are OK. What a fine witness the witnesses gave.

Josie

• dinah
    dinah
    He walked by their table and my hubby screamed out "you fine christians have a nice day!" You shoud've seen thier faces!!!

Love it!!

Rocky girl, your story reminds me of the thread recently about the Dubs at a Kindergarten party who asked someone to move. If they want to shun, I say let THEM get up and move. They expect everyone to bend over backwards to accomodate their rules. If someone doesn't bend to their stupid demands, well, the Debil sent them to ruin their evening. I cannot believe those people actually asked the Management of a restaurant to make you move to another table!! Christ on a cracker!!

It seems they are worse in large groups. I guess they are all competing to see who is the most righteous and who follows the letter of the Dub Law. It's so ridiculous is sickening.

I live in a very small town. When I run into Dubs they act like they've seen the Devil. Hell, maybe they have.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Rocky girl, your story reminds me of the thread recently about the Dubs at a Kindergarten party who asked someone to move. If they want to shun, I say let THEM get up and move. They expect everyone to bend over backwards to accomodate their rules. If someone doesn't bend to their stupid demands, well, the Debil sent them to ruin their evening. I cannot believe those people actually asked the Management of a restaurant to make you move to another table!! Christ on a cracker!!

It seems they are worse in large groups. I guess they are all competing to see who is the most righteous and who follows the letter of the Dub Law. It's so ridiculous is sickening.

I live in a very small town. When I run into Dubs they act like they've seen the Devil. Hell, maybe they have.

I agree that they are worse in large groups....they feed off one another and that increases their already haughty attitudes. I live in a very small town and have seen this played out as well.

I am disabled because of two strokes, I walk (slowly) with a cane, and I am just under a whopping 5 feet tall.....and yet I am skirted around and avoided as if I was storming through the Post Office with a loaded AK7, LOL! It is quite amazing to see their "act" and how stupid they look!

I used to be more accommodating to the "Watchtower Way" and stand aside whenever I saw WTS followers in any public places. I no longer cowtow to their wishes and stand firm to whatever I am doing or wherever it is I am headed for...THEY can move for ME if they so wish to remove themselves from my presence.

We really need to stand firm on this nonsense and stick to our guns (uh-oh did I say GUNS?) but to NOT allow this pipsqueak and VERY UNIMPORTANT GROUP of cult fanatics adjust OUR lives any more than they already have. I am too old to put up with any more of their garbage.

They have done more than enough damage to our lives.

hugs,

Annie

• flipper
    flipper

Well- I've been shunned a lot. I was not allowed to walk either of my JW daughters down the aisle at their weddings because I was an " inactive " witness engaged at the time to a non-witness ( Mrs. Flipper ). At my older daughters wedding in May of 2006 - I walked up to my ex-wifes dad ( a witness ) my ex-father in law - and introduced Mrs. Flipper to him. He mumbled and didn't shake my hand and turned his back on us right there in the kingdom hall AT the wedding. Nice Christian, eh ?

Another experience happened about a month ago. My oldest daughters JW mother in law parked her car right against the front end of my car in a bank parking lot. As she hurried to get into her car she was only 15 feet from me. I could tell she wasn't going to say anything so I said, " Hi ! How are you doing ? " She looked freaked out, scared and angry as well that I would DARE ask how she is doing ! She said, " Alright. " And then got in and slammed her car door real fast. I just smiled and shook my head. Believe me- these people are freaks and under cult mind control to behave this way. Like programmed unemotional robots or Zombies

• oompa
    oompa

ohiocowboy.....how did you not get props for this?........you are now the Dr Zeus of shunning......sp?....and ya....i have been shunned beyond initial shunning......i have been invited to invites and then uninvited........smackdown.....just cause i lost my faith?....oompa

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I was actually shunned in a bar of all places!

• NINfan05
    NINfan05

my husband and i were shunned in subway while ordering sandwiches. an elder was behind us in line and we totally made eye contact, then he pretended it didnt happen. then after we got our sandwiches we went to sit down and he was filling his cup up with soda, we sat in a spot where i know he would be forced to walk right by us. i just starred at him the whole time then when he walked by i said really loud " HI BROTHER XXXXXXX" lol he just said hi and walked away. (keep in mind this is a bro that i was REALLY close to growing up.)i was like omg we arent even DF'd or DA'd. So sad for them that they have to be that way. but also really funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit