My neighbor's daughter hung herself

by frozen one 22 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

When I got home from work tonight I was told my neighbor's daughter had commited suicide. The daughter lived several hours from here and I had only met her a couple of times over the years, so I didn't know her at all really. From what I understand the daughter had struggled with substance abuse problems for a long time. Anyway, her mom (my neighbor) is such a wonderful person. Her children that still live locally are always coming over as well as her grandkids and great-grandkids. They are a loving, close-knit family. What an awful dark cloud.

I learned long ago not to judge those who commit suicide. It isn't right to judge something I can't begin to comprehend. God bless the daughter and the family that loves her.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Was she on any antidepressents? They are often the reason for unexplained suicides! I know of two people in my life that killed themselves, and both were on these types of medicine.

So sad too.

Outaservice

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

For those of us that have had family members commit suicide, having loving non-judgemental support is so much appreciated.

My heart goes out to all involved.

purps

• cognac
    cognac

That's so sad... Don't know what to say except that I'm so sorry...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Geez that's awful. My wife's father did it 7 years ago. I really feel for the family, it's a helluva thing to live through.

Chris

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's so sad

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

That's terrible!! I feel for her family....

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

So sad...I couldn't even begin to imagine as a mother having to endure such a tragedy.

My thoughts go out to these people:(

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I hope she finds the answers she needed and peace on the other side.

BTS

• StAnn
    StAnn

My son's cousin (on his dad's side) hanged himself a couple of weeks ago. He was only 19. He had substance abuse problems. It has devastated his parents and my son. I can't imagine how it must feel to lose a child, let alone to suicide. I'm sure your neighbor is going to need lots of love and support.

Here's my son's cousin's obit. It was extremely eerie for me to see this because he looked so much like my son did at that age. Just a real tragedy.

http://www.bcbfuneralhome.com/obituarydetail.aspx?OBITID=c5a1bfcd-776c-40e6-a

For those of you who pray, please keep his family in your prayers.

St. Ann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit