What is the Organization Trying to Acheive?

by The-Borg 25 Replies latest jw friends

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

I don't understand their mode of operation.

If they want lots of growth, why don't they just lighten up a bit and dispense with the whole charade of harshness and disfellowshipping. Encourage charitable works, social gatherings, education, freedom of speech, having a family etc etc etc. This would greatly increase their numbers and their bottom line $$.

They seem to be shooting themselves in the foot at the moment. They have all but said that they haven't a clue when the end is coming , it's always soon or just around the corner. They've ran out of prophecies and 'new light'. Growth is non existant. The internet is destroying their base in western society and they are making the same mistakes the catholic church made over the pedofiles.

What gives, they seem to be stuck in the 50's. They need a new marketing team.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hey, don't give them any good ideas-there are watching the forum don't you know! ;)

All the best,

Stephen

• sir82
    sir82
    If they want lots of growth

That's just it - they don't care about growth, despite plenty of lip service.

It's all about control and power. They'd rather have 5 million hard-core followers than 7 or 10 million who are lukewarm.

In fact, I expect them to clamp down even harder in the future, as the malaise and apathy gripping the organization continues.

Power is an aphrodisiac. These guys aren't very talented at anything other than what they do. Where else could they jet off in first class to exotic locations, give a speech in front of 10's o thousands of people, get loud & long ovations, then be mobbed for autographs & photos afterward, not to mention green handshakes and perks from wealthy JWs?

• cognac
    cognac

Growth is non existant.

They have growth- but it's costing them a lot of money. The growth is from the poor and uneducated that can't really contribute much at all. Then, they have to supply a lot of mags, books, etc for them.

• wobble
    wobble

I think Sir82 made a great point "It is all about power"

If they realy wanted growth they would stop up the hole in the bottom of the bucket, and use modern methods to get water in the top.

Their hunger for power and control is evident in the Mind-Control techniques so ably used by them all the time in the literature, where did they learn this stuff by the way ?from the Chinese Communists ? they are bloody good at it, until you see it for what it is.

Love

Wobble

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

The Organization is trying to survive. That is its prime mandate.

believing

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

they will continue to increase control and the result will be a complete controlling cult with hard core members

• Dagney
    Dagney

I agree with sir82. They could care less about the flock, or saving the life of millions. They will continue to lower the bar to keep the ones left in the running, while praying fervently for the end to come soon so they don't have to lower the pioneer hour requirement to 20 hours a month.

I agree with wobble, the cost to keep the fulltime arrangement, CO's, DO's, Specials, Bethelites is very expensive, especially when matched with the downward trend of donations. I think they see the handwriting on the wall and making plans to save the priniting corporation.

• yknot
    yknot

I think there is a combination of goals......

But personality often drives the direction of the organization.

So I guess the question now is what are the goals of a post Jaracz WTS.

Jaracz was about not letting things slip on his watch (CONTROL)

Now I think it will be survival and continued adoration of the GB.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

they are caught in their own snare

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit