What is the Organization Trying to Acheive?

by The-Borg 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

they should get some Mormons to help them!!!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The goals change for whatever the need is at that time.

Back in the 30's it was about creating "issues", about bringing the JWs to the attention of the authorities so that they could then claim they were being persecuted. There are accounts where brothers had to deliberately rile / go against authorities to get this attention.

Once they achieved a goal - they would move onto another one. So on and so forth.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I think they will declare the preaching work over soon and the end imminent. Maybe move everyone into a "place of safety"....???

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Great question.....at least in the more industrialized world it seems that the cashflow from the publishing business has all but dried up, they still have the 'publishers' purchase the literature that they are going to 'place', but not nearly as lucrative as it had been.

At present it appears that they are mainly dealing in real estate, and selling off assets in Brooklyn and either relocating to areas with lower costs or just not rebuilding since the need is not there for the publishing volume and like the rest of the corporate world, they are 'right sizing' there free labor, because even though there is a low cost for the labor, there is still a cost and a liability.

This is merely my opinion, but I think the next move will be an attempt to further isolate themselves as 'special' and therefore further cutting off the 'worldly' people. If they can succeed at blasting the needs of the world, they may be able to better get into the wallets of the followers, better appeals for the worldwide work. They may also succeed by having the local congos build more KHs but then turning around and consolidating and selling.....

The thought of a 'place of safety' is interesting, I think they may be attempting to do this somewhat virtually, by further isolating themselves from the worldlys, and if fully isolated, what is the true need for being materialistic.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    The thought of a 'place of safety' is interesting, I think they may be attempting to do this somewhat virtually, by further isolating themselves from the worldlys, and if fully isolated, what is the true need for being materialistic.

Like sir82 I am of the school of thought that the society would rather have even 2 or 3 million committed members than the 7 million they have now, half of whom are probably lurking on here. I think the time is approaching when the society will call the r&f's bluff by forcing them to put their money where their mouth is. Supposing they instructed everyone to sell their homes and buy land to build gated communities? Only the truly committed would be willing to give up their homes and the rest would be left out in the cold, proven "faithless" and unworthy of their family's fellowship.

This may sound a little "out there" but there but given the increasing frequency of articles stressing unquestioning obedience to the slave class I can see something like this happening.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

MM, very interesting point, but not as far fetched as I would originally have thought, desperate times often call for desperate measures, and right now the source of income (the global north) is not producing the $$ it once did, they can no longer fund the growth in the global south with the money from the US, Japan and Europe.

This in fact may be what they are somewhat thinking of doing in upstate NY, but they could initially couch it as a 'retirement community' for aging witnesses, they could use the free labor to run the place and pretty much just start collecting inheritance money......this accomplishes a bit of a cash flow, closer control of the people and at least on the surface it appears that they are providing for the elderly.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit