The young ones are leaving in droves!!!

by 1914BS 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Them losing young people is definitely complicated. Everything mentioned here factors in. Something else is the quality of dub is not what it once was. Those young people who stay in aren't necessarily bringing in converts. Many of them are becoming the PT dubs just mentioned. The tree may still be standing but the interior is rotting.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I agree...in the English congregations the teens are leaving in droves. In the spanish congregations, if they were raised "american", they are leaving in droves.

The internet has really knocked a huge hole in the wall of fear that the JWs have built around themselves...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All they would have had to do was create value for young ones. If all they do is narrow experiences, take away all the fun and prospects of prosperity, and blah-ify life, of course they are going to lose young ones (that is, those whose thinking ability are not so impaired by being raised a witless that they cannot function outside tha cancer--which I think they do on purpose). Even the "exciting" times I have had as a witless were poor quality--going to a Grand Boasting Session, with one child and a mother--he was getting spanked frequently for such heinous offenses as making noise and fidgeting. Take that out of the equation, and even that was blah.

On the other hand, if they would create opportunity for young ones to make it, and make it fun, they would stay. The truth should be fun to stay in, not a drudgery. Houndings should be almost non-existent--if it really is the truth, people should want to do more of it, and be eager to do what is required instead of straggling in 15 minutes late, with a cup of coffee, grumbling about that they don't really feel like going out.

• Gayle
    Gayle

To Independent,,,wow, what an awesome conversation with your son,,gave me good chills,,you have opened the door for your son by your open honesty and now he sees he can do the same with you! I so feel for the kids,,thankfully Internet and Utube is available and hopefully with more parents there re-evaluating like you so as to help their children to have free minds, honesty of heart and personal conscience.

NIN,,I am so glad you have found this site also. The Watchtower organization did "scramble" our minds and blocked our free mind. As far as our purpose, the Watchtower Society really scrambled that too with a lot of unreality, and only gives an empty purpose for a type of future day that never comes. For me, I found to take one day at a time, trying to be loving, joyful and peaceful the best I can and this life seems to work out pretty good. Also, for the scrambled brains, start reading (the WT scrambled our brains with so much empty nonsense literature). I recommend to read Ray Franz' book, "Crises of Conscience." I had so many thoughts for years but his book helped me to tie it all together for my final conclusion.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Hi and welcome NINfan05

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

independent:

You are a great mom for talking so openly with your son. My mother never ever did that with me. We would have been so much closer if she had. Your son is going to be fine.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

They have a dreadfull lack of 'talent' coming on deck for the next gen of M/S and Elders. Since I've been out of heard of them promoting cats to elders that 10 yrs ago would have never been given a second thought.

Whether good or not young ones were encouraged to 'look up' to those taking the lead among them.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

Thanks Mary that is the one!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I agree with you on the youth.

But, I am seeing another wierd phenomenon. I've talked with about 4 people who are either considering themselves or know someone who is "going back to the Truth" due to the financial mess and world events. The brainwashing laid in childhood is triggered by today's news stories. I remind them of the cultish and control traits, the errors in predictions, etc. about the Watchtower...and the fact that this situation and "answer" was drilled into them at a very young age. Then, I just say that we are seeing a superpower alignment shift. No different that when Rome collapsed, English defeated, French Revoltion, etc. It's just that we're alive and living to see this one happen. I remind them that the Witnesses of yesterday totally thought that 1914, 1925, 1975, etc. were all the "End."

Anyone have any guidance for me to add?

Skeeter

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

The JWs provide an automatic support system for most everyone within their circle. It's difficult to have that outside of the JWs. Not impossible but you have to "work" at it. And you have to reach out and make friends, somthing that we are taught NOT to do when we are JWs. Also , the JWs have most of us with divided and splintered families. So we don't have that support system either. The JWs destroyed that for us. People are feeling afraid and unsure of the future. They need a support system and they know where they can get one easily.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit