If christ loved everyone then why don't christians

by loosie 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I am not condoning shunning at all, simply pointing out the reasons behind it are completely different for a jw than the Christian.

And I'm simply pointing out that they do it for exactly the same reason, and therefore there is no difference at all. There are other religious groups that are as dogmatic in their beliefs as JWs, yet you are far less dogmatic in your condemnation of them.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    The ironic thing here is the language we are using, jw vs Christian.

You're the one using that language. I used the term 'other christians' countless times.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    They have no body of elders telling them, no gb, no fear that an entire community including their families will shun them if they do one thing or another. It is their own individual choice, right or wrong they are soley responsible for their actions.

So they decide completely on their own to display intolerance and a judgmental attitude. Thanks for the clarification, that makes them so much better than the witnesses.

• carla
    carla

Did I ever say one was better than the other? please point that out for me. And it is not for the same reasons at all. I think you did not read my responses. The jw is shunning because someone told them to, they often don't even know why they are shunning the person, the other is shunning for any number of PERSONAL reasons that may or may not even have anything whatsoever to do with religion. Sorry, the jw's still do not get my sympathies for treating their families like a bag of garbage simply because some other person who claims to be a Christian practices shunning. The jw's use that excuse to cover themselves for any number of crimes including child rape, 'other religions have a worse problem', it doesn't excuse either from the crime. Your trying to excuse shunning of jw's doesn't wash simply because someone else shunned or talked about shunning at a childs camp.

As for the 'other' religions and what they do? for the moment they are not affecting my life and that of my families. If you want to go take on the camp and what a bunch of 13 yr olds may be saying, have at it. What's stopping you? What is stopping you from finding out just what this 'evil worldly Christian' 13 yr old is saying and warning the public about it? Though you will probably find out it is a personal decision and not dogma handed down from mere mortal men who require it as a salvation issue.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    the other is shunning for any number of PERSONAL reasons that may or may not even have anything whatsoever to do with religion.

This particular thread was about Christian children who don't associate with non-christian children because they are non-christians. Within that context, it does have to do with religion. These are the ones I was referring to as being no different or better than JWs. Their reasoning for doing so is exactly the same.

Your trying to excuse shunning of jw's doesn't wash simply because someone else shunned or talked about shunning at a childs camp.

I have never excused the shunning of JWs, on this or any other thread. I've known far too many people who have been affected adversely to ever attempt to justify it. Perhaps it is you who needs to read the posts of others more closely.

What is stopping you from finding out just what this 'evil worldly Christian' 13 yr old is saying and warning the public about it?

Right. These 13-year-olds come up with these ideas all by themselves. They are in no way influenced by doctrines being forced on them from adults.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Cameo-d - That's what I'm talkin' about. A realy good quote from a silly movie - "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat." Groups of people always have negatives. Christians, Muslims, Atheists, Academics, WASPS, Blacks, Jews, Asians, Hispanics, Arabs, Aryans, Democrats, Republicans, Communists, Nazis, etc...... Something is wrong with people, but a person (of any religion, ethnicity, etc..) can be fully loved and respected.

• loosie
    loosie

Well Cameo bible camp isn't like jesus camp Thank goodness.

I don't hate christians. I have friends who are christians, wiccan, pagan, jewish, baptisit, recovering catcholic and atheist. I don't hate any of them. they all know not to tell me to get saved or find jesus.

I don't tell my daughter not to hang out with kids of different religions. She even has friends that claim to be bi-sexual.

Now there is one kid at school that I tell her to stay away from. He has told her he would take her innocence away and that she has a cute butt. She was only 12 at the time. I think there are more important things to do at this age than worry if a guy thinks she has a cute butt. It was a year after this that he told her he was a satan worshipper. Which I think he just likes to say things for shock value.

I think you should choose your friends by what kind of people they are not what kind of god they worship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit