What goes on at these Conventions??

by lavendar 22 Replies latest jw friends

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

The mirrors are covered so the women will spend more time paying attention and less time primping in the mirror.

Never stopped them though, most just pull out their compacts and touch-up their make-up in their seats. You can time it like clockwork...before a trip to the restroom, before the lunch break, before the session ends, before any assignment you may have (watching contribution boxes etc) ...because you never know when the super bethelite elder with goals of going to gilead and plans to be of the anointed is going to come around the corner and sweep you off your feet

• lavendar
    lavendar
    The mirrors are covered so the women will spend more time paying attention and less time primping in the mirror.

That's unbelieveable! LOL!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Are there any concessions open for lunch, maybe like a Bethel Burger or a GB dog...or are you supposed to pack a lunch??

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Pack your own lunch Infidel..Only Pagan`s buy food when they attend assemblys!..Some Heritics go to worship at the Golden Arches(McDonalds)..Why?..Because Satan serves food there!!...Satan tempts them with Double Quarter Pounders with Cheese/Frys/and a Drink..Then Satan takes it one step further..He Super Sizes everything!!!!..............................Then these sinning JW`s go back to the assembly..Fat and Full,thinking no one knows!.....Jehovah Knows!!.......Jehovah was sitting at the table across from them.....He had a Big Mac!.....................................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• lavendar
    lavendar

But hamburgers have animal blood in them! Oh my!

• loosie
    loosie

Lavendar...if your family member doesn't go they will get asked a lot of questions by the other JW's. Like did you go ? we didn't see you. Where did you sit?

!!.......Jehovah was sitting at the table across from them.....He had a Big Mac!.....................................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

Too funny Outlaw!!!

• Purza
    Purza

It is boring as hell! And if you don't get there early, you could end up with crappy seats. I can't even imagine sitting through another convention again.

Purza

• lavendar
    lavendar

But really.....what do they DO there? ....Just sit and listen to talk after talk?? Who gives the talks? Does the GB ever show up?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Talk after talk after talk after talk after talk...you get the point. Some of the talks will have corny reenactments or experiences in them. They throw in a song followed by announcements mid-morning and mid-afternoon so you get a chance to stretch your legs. If you go, take candy or something to snack on to help keep you awake.

A number of young folks surf the net on their cellphone or spend the entire time texting. I know a JW that was a teacher and at DC on a saturday she brought final exams and sat waaaay in the top in a corner and spent most of the day grading papers.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Well.....I hope my family member is bored out of his gourd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit