What goes on at these Conventions??

by lavendar 22 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

My family member is attending a JW Convention as we speak. What happens at these conventions? Is it all just talks? Is it boring?

Thanks!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

About the only fun you will have there,is picking out people who fall asleep during a talk..Watching them fall out of thier chair is priceless..............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• lavendar
    lavendar

LOL!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

went to part of one with my wife I think it was last year.....more gloom and doom, we are in the last days of the last days, more service....blah, blah blah.....

The dubs will be all fired up for a few weeks after this wonderful 'spiritual food', but soon after back to the grind.....gag!

• lavendar
    lavendar

Don't they ever get tired of hearing that the end of the world is "just around the corner"?? They've been spewing that for the last 120+ years.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your not allowed more than one paper towel in the washroom..Mirrors are covered over..Your not supossed to walk around during a talk..Your not supposed to leave for lunch..You should clap when everyone else does..Remember to have a big smile and a glazed look in your eyes......Remember to say "Fine" alot.....That was a fine talk..Was`nt that a fine assembly?..ect..ect............Never,ever,sing a Kingdom Song like you mean it..Mumble the words and look happy........................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Don't they ever get tired of hearing that the end of the world is "just around the corner"?? They've been spewing that for the last 120+ years. No!..Without that belief there would be no Jehovah`s Witness religion..Remember:The end is always just around the corner!..The world is a horrible place!..In the New System you will be able to Pet Lions and Talk to Blueberrys!...............The first day of Paradise in the New System,there will be dead bodys everywhere..Just step over them................................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

That is true....you will also get to hear just how bad the world we live in is.......it is now the worst of times

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I fell asleep quite often. I also read non-JW books and magazines to pass the time. Naturally, I tried to find seating where others wouldn't be looking over my shoulders.

Dave

• lavendar
    lavendar
    Mirrors are covered over

Why are the mirrors covered over??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit