What a Satanic bunch we are.

by Mickey mouse 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Today's Watchtower was nice. Under the heading:

Satan - A Defiant Adversary and Apostate

Paragraph 15 read as follows:

15. Satan was the first creature to turn apostate. Modern-day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil. Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward individuals in the congregations, Christian elders, or the Governing Body. Some apostates oppose the use of the divine name Jehovah. They are not interested in learning about Jehovah or in serving him. Like their father, Satan, apostates target people of integrity. (John 8:44) No wonder servants of Jehovah avoid all contact with them! -2 John 10, 11.

And the question for this delightful paragraph?

15. What do modern-day apostates have in common with Satan?

If you're a sadist you can read the rest of the article here. I'm off to file my horns.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sounds to me like the pot calling the kettle black.
    The way they are judging???is the way they will be judged!
    This will be read by my daughter today.
    So there goes my chances of ever having a cuddle from her again....

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Sorry mouthy, it's a poor substitute but here's a cyber hug .

Did you notice the way they set up a straw man of "apostates"? They could have said "Apostates claim we are associated with the UN" or "Apostates claim we are false prophets" or any other number of things. Instead they present the case that apostates leave because of personal differences.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

Satan vs. Jehovah = critical thinking vs. Governing Body

Yep, both of those are about the same...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Satan doesn't believe in the date 1914?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What's so bad about satan? I have no problem aligning my self with the Big "S."

Can't be half as bad as being a jw.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward individuals in the congregations, Christian elders, or the Governing Body.

Never for legitimate reasons, such as a lack of love, or utter hypocrisy. It's simply because their minds are poisoned.

Some apostates oppose the use of the divine name Jehovah.

Never mind that it doesn't actually appear in the original text of the new testament, or that Jesus himself never used the name. Any liberties taken to god's word should be embraced by all true christians.

They are not interested in learning about Jehovah or in serving him.

They have me there. I have no interest in serving the murderous, vindictive, egomaniacal god of the WT.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Bang goes my quarterly postcards from the Mother-in-law!

• Robert7
    Robert7

What mind control! They are attacking the intent of individuals, not the message.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wow, could you find a better example of cult mind control? It's positively scary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit