Anyone have a good Meeting for Field Service story?

by BonaFide 20 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

Interesting talk on the peripheral stuff so far but not the ministry itself The enjoyment of actually preaching about the God you love and believe in, I recognise if you lose your faith that this enjoyment could become torture because no one can preach abour what he doesn't believe in without it becoming a massive struggle.

Romans 1:9
    God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Reniaa, you don't believe in JW's yourself, otherwise you wouldn't be disobedient to them by coming on here.

Ha ha, caught ya! Now I know you are embarrased.

BF

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Interesting talk on the peripheral stuff so far but not the ministry itself The enjoyment of actually preaching about the God you love and believe in, I recognise if you lose your faith that this enjoyment could become torture because no one can preach abour what he doesn't believe in without it becoming a massive struggle.

reniaa, do you only read what you want to read? The topic was A GOOD MEETING FOR FIELD SERVICE STORY.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    I recognise if you lose your faith that this enjoyment could become torture because no one can preach abour what he doesn't believe in without it becoming a massive struggle.

But many have to in order to be able to stay in contact with their immediate family. Sad, sad thing that is.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JamieBowers..Reniaa talks about any dam thing she wants,rarely topic related..LOL!!....................Reniaa..How about a cookie recipe on your next post?....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

renaiii - The enjoyment of actually preaching about the God you love and believe in

Just think how much more enjoyment you could get preaching if you weren't spending so much time getting enjoyment from being here - which you obviously prefer. I find JWs are hypocrites when it comes to preaching - they'd rather be doing something else - even flirting with apostates is better than preaching.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Not a meeting for FS story as such but more what happened when we were out.

In the UK the houses are much closer together than in the US. Usually, you would be assigned to work a street on your own or with another pair but on this occassion the whole FS group (about 14 of us) all went to the same street at the same time! The street wasn't even that big maybe only had about 20 houses all very close to each other.

I have no idea what the residents thought but I was completely embarassed (hating going out at the best of times) and even my parents who are very in and have been almost all their lives thought it was ridiculous.

• merfi
    merfi

Not really all that interesting, but in my self-righteous, aux-pio month, when the elder asked if there were any plans yadda yadda I said that I was "only working until noon".

Yeah, like that wasn't the normal time EVERYone quit at...

~merfi

• reniaa
    reniaa

I stand corrected Jamie "meeting for field service" yes the topic did only want to address the peripheral stuff completely and not the preaching work :s In the end any person who reads the bible knows we are under an obligation to both God and his son Jesus to preach and so I guess thats why they don't address it at all. All you talk about is 'how the preaching work should or should not be done' and not addressing that anyone who believes in the bible as Christians should preach with absolutely no exceptions!

As for being on here when will you guys stop judging me by a set of rules you no longer believe in?

Its like satan putting brothel in a street enticing people inside and once getting them inside saying "you are doing wrong" to them what right has satan to judge when he created the temptation? what right have you to judge me when you create and are members of the threads and forums of these sites? If you do not think these sites are wrong for you then you have no right to think they are wrong for me. Maybe you guys should get back to the planks in your own eyes?

Reniaa

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

"If you do not think these sites are wrong for you then you have no right to think they are wrong for me. Maybe you guys should get back to the planks in your own eyes?"

Most of us aren't practising, preaching Jehovah's Witnesses. Those of us who are know that the Watch Tower Society's strongly frowns upon the usage of such sites. I think there may be some apostates on this site too. Fraternising with them is grounds for judicial action.

As I am not a practising, preaching Jehovah's Witness there's no plank in my eye by me being here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit