DIM goes out in service

by DIM 19 Replies latest jw friends

• DIM
    DIM

Well, I'm moving away across the country in 2 months and my mother wants to spend some time with me. Being a pioneer, her idea of spending time with her oldest son is working out in service for a morning....I've decided to go along with her tomorrow morning because I really couldn't think of a good excuse, since I'm presently laid off from my job and collecting $$ from the state of PA. I haven't been out since about March and am not looking forward to this at all. Hopefully I won't have to talk or say much. I'm praying for rain.

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• TR
    TR

Oh MAN, DIM! What WOULD you say? What COULD you say? What would you LIKE to say, but shouldn't?

That's a great idea, btw. Let's dress up like dubs and spread our own "good news"!

TR

I'm gonna make mince meat outta that Osama!

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

If you don't want to say anything to a householder, "We're Jehovah's Witnesses and we have come with the latest magazines."

A guaranteed conversation stopper. A sister in our cong used it for years with a 0% success rate. The perfect presentation for the shy, and one your mom can't fault you for. If she asks you about it, just say you are out of practice and shy and could not come up with any other presentation you could remember under stress.

Better yet, have her take all the doors.

And have a good time with your mom.

Richard

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

If you get stuck at a door, ask people why they think there is a resurgence of folks going back to church becuase of 9/11 and if they think God allowed 9/11 or caused it. At least you will have interesting conversations at the door without having to say much.

Read CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE by Former Governing Body Member RAY FRANZ

http://freeminds.org/sales/most_burned.htm

• COMF
    COMF

Eewww! My heart hurts for you, man.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Because it is the holidays, I have a suggestion regarding Skeptic's presentation. If you plan to go out in service now, you need to say, "We're Jehovah's Witnesses, and we want you to stop celebrating christmas and become dull like us. Here have the two latest magazines." Don't forget to wish everybody in the congregation a "Merry Christmas".

However, in two months it will be Valentines day, so you will have to adapt Valentines day for Christmas.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• blondie
    blondie

Most will not be home (over 99%). If they are they will not be interested (100%).

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

What are you THINKING??? I'd say "No, sorry, I don't wanna go. Maybe another time." And leave it at that. No way, not me! I'd die before I'd make an ass outta myself by knocking on some dude's door again.

<<<<<shiver & shudder>>>>>

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Yeah...what Comf and MrMoe said!

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• ricoananas
    ricoananas

If I have to wear a tie I can't do it.

Nazdrowie.