DIM goes out in service

by DIM 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Skeptic said:

If you don't want to say anything to a householder, "We're Jehovah's Witnesses and we have come with the latest magazines."
    A guaranteed conversation stopper. A sister in our cong used it for years with a 0% success rate.

Lol. I used this one for ten years myself. The secret is a looooong pause after that killer introduction!

TS,

Did the Watchtower Society "support" the scarlet beast of Revelation?
    : http://www.geocities.com/watchtowersociety/beast.htm

• DIM
    DIM

just got back from service....not one person at home....only did about 10 houses anyway, then we stopped for snacks and went home. blah, what a waste of a morning. Never again!

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• blondie
    blondie

Hey DIM, didn't I say no one would be home.

• badwillie
    badwillie

Hey DIM,
    Sounds like a typical day. I would get physically sick if i were to go out knocking again!
    - BadWillie.

• ISP
    ISP

Hi dim...what do you tell these folks!

ISP

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Towards the end, if I wasn't knocking so lightly that they would never hear me at their door, I would say "Hello, I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I have the latest Watchtower and Awake magazines." pause.... Then I would literally read the titles off the magazine to the householder and say "their great magazines as you can see.

boy that worked everytime.

Slipnslidemaster: MerryChristmas!

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Yea slip, sounds about like what mine were. Though I got to where I just left a tract (even easier) when they were home, and old mags at not-at-homes so my mag placements would be up (gotta look good on the "I'm so spiritual" slips).

Ever go to the door and forget the name of the person you were standing there with when you went to introduce them? Ah the good old days ... <NOT!>

• joelbear
    joelbear

Even when I was a pioneer 20 years ago only about 1 in 8 houses had someone home and many times that was someone sleeping who worked nights.

I can imagine it would be even less now.

joEl

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if me and some of my inactive friends showed up to a service group and said we had plans to work together and needed some territory.. lol

Although I couldn't stomach 'the ministry' these days, I am curious to see what they would do. I wonder how they would think of me taking the group if there were no other brothers present?

Path

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Ahhh, that's the rub. What WOULD they do? Call an elder?

They would have to let you handle the group, but I guarentee it wouldn't happen again soon.

Slipnslidemaster: MerryChristmas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit