I Was Warmly Invited...

by Nosferatu 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

....to get in my car, drive the one hour to Selkirk, and attend the three day convention. And what warmer way to be invited than to find a cheap piece of paper in my mailbox. Christ, when did they start printing stuff like this on bible paper? If they're going to cheap out, they should go back to 4 color or even black and white printing.

This has to be the WORST way to get converts. Who in their right mind is going to drive all the way out to bum f#ck Egypt for a three day convention hosted by a group of magazine salesmen? They SERIOUSLY need a celebrity endorsement because Jehovah and his worldwide destruction isn't cutting it anymore. How about Prince? You throw Prince in the FREE ATTENDANCE convention to sing a couple of Kingdom Melodies, and people will flock!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Was there a stamp on that warm invitation? It is illegal to leave un-stamped media (flyers, etc.) in a mailbox.

3.1.3 Use for Mail Except under 3.2.11, Newspaper Receptacle, the receptacles described in 3.1.1 may be used only for matter bearing postage. Other than as permitted by 3.2.10, Delivery of Unstamped Newspapers, or 3.2.11, no part of a mail receptacle may be used to deliver any matter not bearing postage, including items or matter placed upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail receptacle. Any mailable matter not bearing postage and found as described above is subject to the same postage as would be paid if it were carried by mail

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

Dont forget about the true face of the JWs:

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I found the same invite tacked to the wall of the the laundromat I use. I removed it from the premises. It was for the DC at the Cow Palace in San Francisco on June 12-14

Wish I had my scanner.

Josie

• blondie
    blondie

I think it is legal to leave a tract in the mailbox in Canada.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Blondie said: I think it is legal to leave a tract in the mailbox in Canada.

Oh.

Dang.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'd scan it, but I don't feel like it. If you saw last year's, all you need to do is change the picture on the front to a bunch of people walking in a straight line out of a thunderstorm and into a sunny area. Woooo.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i cannot imagine any kind
    of weak-willed half-a$$ed
    cheap paper, stuffed in a mailbox
    campaign working in these parts!!

the DC venue is a full 7 hour drive!
    crikey it was a chore for the faithful!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blondie..Your right.......Although I was chased by a very angry house holder..She wanted me to take the tract back..I was already down the street........I was`nt going any where near her..That woman was Pissed the F*ck Off!!.......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

For those people still left on the planet that have not heard of the WTS following nutcases that do not celebrate Christmas, Easter, birthdays and show their disdain of all governments by staying seated during the playing of national anthems of any country......it is ludicrous to imagine that these people have three entire days that they look forward to devoting to sitting in an auditorium, listening to boring speeches and symposiums on the benefits of becoming fellow WTS following nutcase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit