this evil ...wicked.....rotton system of things.....NOT!!!!.........

by oompa 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DeanOs
    DeanOs

I hear what ya-all sayin :) and while I agree on 'the score' that J "W"s have made a binary dis-stunk-tion between the wicked or worldly ( here read, non-j.w) and righteous (here read: J W!!) ... yeah right.!!

But I see all posters above are in the USA.. from Rhode Island to Washington, etcetra> but none from Africa 0h Yes! where you will find that life has mostly reduced!! In Zimbabwe it is 27 ! Yes, that is the average lifespan. Ofcourse this is not longevity of the average person per se'./ BUT on account of high degree of infanticide, HIV-Aids deaths, the rampant cholera epidemic that has killed thousands in short thrift (few months) rampant political violence, abuse of the most vulnerable of society (women and children) in a male-DOMINATED archaic society..

and the above in spite of it (Zimbabwe) having previously been theagricultural "Bread-basket" of that region of the world! IT has only especially been so there since the year 2000. I could go on and on to enumerate the problems and the statistics, as I am in Zimbabwe regularly; and work in some of the worst of the worst situations, sadly but truly. Yet, aspects of the above experienced there are more extreme in some respects in other countries of Africa! Such as violent crime in the country of South Africa.,, and civil war of differing degrees in the Sudan, especially southern Sudan. and too in the Eastern regions of the Democratic (?) Republic of Congo.

So, does this mean that the world is spinning out of control>?> I am interested to read the responses of those here (on this Forum) who have visited, worked or read extensively/studied the history, politics and present situation in Africa. (I personally DO NOT buy in to the WTBTS dogma)

Do I have my own theories.. on the above (based on an amalgam-outcome of: my observations and tertiary studies on African History and Politics)... Yes sir! ... I am African - altho I am white - I am African. Anyway, lot of this may be should be in a n o t h e r thread. G'day :)

• DeanOs
    DeanOs

NOTE: as I was attempting to post, and it took so long.. posts came through from Outlaw and SSPO.. neither of them from USA.

Therefore I am apparently.. incorrect as they are (in contradistinction to the other-former posters, and my statement in relation to this

apparent Amerio-heterogenity) i am glad to be proven incorrect!! :) By the way, as it is pertinent; I remain a JW in bad-standing ;)

• DeanOs
    DeanOs

NOTE: as I was attempting to post, and it took so long.. posts came through from Outlaw and SSPO.. neither of them from USA.

Therefore I am apparently.. incorrect as they are (in contradistinction to the other-former posters, and my statement in relation to this

apparent Amerio-heterogenity) i am glad to be proven incorrect!! :) By the way, as it is pertinent; I remain a JW in bad-standing ;)

• sir82
    sir82
    When people say that things are advancing from bad to worse ask them what other time they would like to live in, then hit them with some actual facts in the time period.

Yep.

Whenever I watch an old movie which romanticizes the past, all I have to do to snap out of it is think of what dental care was like until the mid-20th century.

Have you ever seen old-time, or even not not-so-old-time, dental instruments? Ay caramba! And without novocaine to boot.

And if you happened to break a bone, up until a few hundred years ago, being crippled and in pain for the rest of your life was about the best outcome you could hope for. Don't get me started on illness, sanitation, food quality (and quantity for that matter), housing....

Now is by far the best time in history

Absolutely!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I made the connection that the World outside was made up of ordinary people, I was well on the way to rejecting the WTS.. I was not referring to close friends or individuals who were specially nice, just the run of the mill work mates who cared for their families, worked hard and wanted to get along with their neighbours. I could see that they were OK, so why should God want to kill them?

People of the past generations who lived similar lives, or worse ones, were going to come back in the resurrection. These people were eternally damned, I could see that it just was not fair...not God's way of doing things.

Thanks for posting about the Prisons in Netherlands, I had not seen that story in the news, even more proof of our argument..

Compare :

Awake 95 22/4 p4

"THE phrase “critical times hard to deal with” is translated from the Greek kai·roi′ kha·le·poi′. (2 Timothy 3:1) The word kha·le·poi′ is the plural of a word that literally means “fierce” and carries the thought of menace and danger. One Bible commentator says the word refers to a “tremendous assault of evil.” Therefore, while previous eras experienced turmoil, “the last days” would be extraordinarily savage. As 2 Timothy 3:13 puts it, “wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse.”

• DeanOs
    DeanOs

Interested... when you guys refer to 'the world'.. are you referring to the "FIRST world" or "DEVELOPED world" ..as by your references (to the Netherlands.. those in the U.K. ,, in Canada .. to your.. as in your very own.. are you perhaps just forgetting -willfully or perhaps simply forgetting) the plight of those in the "THIRD world" or "DEVELOPING world"..

Has anyone here any knowledge of SOCIAL Development?

I am interested first in facts. . and if that irks some, sorry.. but you seem to be sailing through blindfolded and each one blowing into the sails ofanother.. let's be real.

As for myself -- I do work of sorts in both the USA, and UK. I do not know Aus, nor many of the islands... but I know Africa.. how it has been raped. . plundered first by the illegal actions of the West; and now too especially b y their o w n .. COnsider doing some research.. like to join you, sing together "Kumbaya..." but come on!!

• oompa
    oompa

DeanOs..........it has always been that way.........sorry ........it it awful..........oompa

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Oompa--I agree with you 100%. Harvard professor Steven Pinker explains it very well in this speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ramBFRt1Uzk

The article on which the speech is based is available here: http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/pinker07/pinker07_index.html

If this is really The Last Days, then why don't we have pestilences like we used to? The Black Plague killed about 33% of all Europeans in the span of two years (see http://history.boisestate.edu/westciv/plague/15.shtml). Compare that to today's "swine flu"--which thanks to modern medicine and hygiene has proven to be mostly hype (see, e.g., this article by a medical professor: http://www.crikey.com.au/2009/05/25/take-a-deep-breath-swine-flus-not-that-bad/).

Sure, there are some places in the world (e.g., some African nations) where things are really bad. But overall, the average lifespan of a human born today is roughly double what it was in 1914--and that is taking into account Africa as well. See, for example, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy.

Also, think about the dramatic decrease in persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses over the past decades. During WW2, JWs around the world were persecuted terribly. But since then, governments in general have granted Witnesses more and more rights. Sure, there have been exceptions such as Malawi in the 1960s-70s and the country of Georgia in the 1990s-early 2000s, but this does not even approach the pervasive and consistent persecution of Witnesses 70 years ago. Doesn't come close. So, does it make sense that as we get "deeper into The Last Days" that persecution will dramatically decrease? Makes no sense.

• The Berean
    The Berean

DeanOs:

How is YOUR world? I'll bet it's better than it has ever been!

I rest my case ...

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife says the same thing about how terrible things are....especially now with states approving same sex marriage.....I tell her I would rather live now than any other time in history, especially in the past 2000 years and she looks at me like I am crazy.....

mind control is amazing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit