My experience with the Bethel Legal Dept. regarding a Ministerial Servant molesting a boy

by BonaFide 59 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

You nailed it Tuesday. Anyone who argues differently (like that 'R' person) is saying "molestation is ok, just don't get caught".

In a way this reminds me of Jesus and his remarks about the scribes and pharisees who would violate the law of the sabbath to rescue an animal they owned, but wouldn't lift a finger to help someone in need using the sabbath laws as technicalities.

The WTBS strains out the gnat and gulps down the camel.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Crazy! Thanks for sharing your experience.

It's all about protecting the Society's image and not about protecting the victim or punishing the perpetrator. Disgusting.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBT$ bastards will do anything to avoid cleaning up thier own organization..Enablers like Reniaa are a big help in that department..They help muddy the water.................................OUTLAW

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

He specifically asked the ages, and how sure I was of the ages. He wanted the birthdate of the Ministerial Servant. I told him the Servant is 20, the boy 14.

I don't know California law, but I suspect that because of the age difference, it is statutory rape. I doesn't matter if it was "consensual," the Ministerial servant would have been convicted.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

reniaa, it's disturbing how you justify any action by the Society. You honestly can't see how this should have been handled better? What should have been of utmost importance here?

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

The WBTS is a corporation. That's all it is. It has nothing to do w/Jehovah, Jesus or anything.

They are all over "They will take away our place and our nation." just like the scribes and pharisees of the 1st century (and every religious organization which has ever been).

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

-- Yes, assuming it's actually required by law for them to do so, in that particular state. That doesn't bother you in the least?

should they not do what is required of them by law? Otherwise, if you don't like the laws, you should probably write a senator. They are just following the rules....now... anyway.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I note this was posted nine hours ago.

When did it actually occur? Before or after they gagged the victims in CA. Had they already done their noo squeaky clean makeover of policy Brown bragged about?

Where does the conscience of the elduh come into all this. Surely if you think what is going on is evil you have every right to give your name.

Like elders being told to DF then un-DF then re-DF people when the original charges cannot be proved.

The "Flock" book actually directs elders to DF in some cases solely on the grounds of what they THINK might have happened.

Here we have an eye witness account of child rape, and the "Society" is prepared to do NOTHING if possible.

Vomit.

HB

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am not surprised by any of this account except one: Why is someone known to be mentally deficient 'teaching' the Bible to anyone(granted, we know that the WT literature has little to DO with the bible, but ostensibly, he is supposed to be teaching someone????)? I don't want to be unkind, but the depth of their teachings is amply demonstrated by this account. Paper cuts are deeper if they have a mentally challenged person doing bookstudies.

My mother and others I know are of normal intelligence and they can't begin to answer any challenging questions. I guess the elders assumed that a 14 yo kid won't have any? (I was 15 when I challenged them, so they shouldn't be complacent and assign retarded people to kids!)

Personally, I think if the person they are studying with has any brights at all, the JW study conductor needs to at least be bright enough to deflect-since that is really the core of their religion-deflecting what the Bible says.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Renaia,I think what the WT should have done differently is to simply tell the elders when they get information on such things that they should immediately report the information completely to the police and leave all the pertinent information with the officer taking information-including their own name and how they got the information. Phone booths? Do they still HAVE phone booths?? I mean really. Letter of the law, spirit of the law. They are entirely pharisees on this if they think that is an adequate response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit