My experience with the Bethel Legal Dept. regarding a Ministerial Servant molesting a boy

by BonaFide 59 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    He very obviously had a questionaire on his desk, we could tell he was reading the questions he was asking us.

Which sounds as though it isn't an uncommon occurence if they're that prepared for it.

Then they made sure what State we were in. We told them again, California. They told us we had to contact the Police to make a report

I realise there are different Laws for different States - so I'm thinking that the advice would be different had it been a different State, ie - not obliged to inform police..?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

The mother should have called the police immediately. She is the one I have a problem with.

nj

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

*shakes head*

It's amazing to me at what lengths they will go through to cover this up! And the mother...WTF! If someone, anyone, tried to mess with my son, they wouldn't live to see another day! I'd call the police alright, but it would be for them to come get a body!

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

The question here the Society asks here is so ignorant, it's funny.

He asked about his behavior, were there any signs of homosexuality or an interest in younger boys?

Could someone tell me what the "signs of homosexuality" are exactly? "Yes brother, lately he has had a lisp, and at the last meeting he wore a pink dress shirt"

"Interest in younger boys?"

ridiculous.

I'm suprised they didn't ask if the younger boy had shown an interest in older boys as of late.

lurk3r

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

What a charming mother. She was obviously far more concerned that her son didn't grow up to be gay, then whether or not he was being molested. Very nice.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Which is it? they are wrong for not going to police or they are wrong for going to police and keeping the uninvolved elder who only has hearsay from the mum uninvolved?

I suspect their decision to involve the police had more to do with covering their own ass, then any actual concern for the victim. However, your point is taken. At least they did encourage the elders to go to the police in this case.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    What could they have done differently?

Allow the elder to give their name and contact information. This is how an investigation is followed. Even if the mother didn't want to press charges, the law says quite differently that this was indeed sexual assault of a minor. The elders testimony could've taken the scum off the street, but of course since they remained anonymous that can't happen.

Not only that, but the legal department asked what state he was in, Rhode Island is not a reporting state, so if these folks were in Rhode Island they would've been told to do nothing about it. Which is absolutely sick.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

PARANOIA runs deep...............

The WT is PARANOID about their image; they are the only ones in the world that believe that the witness world is different than the rest, and that molestation is not a big issue there.

They are morally bankrupt on this issue, pursuing it from a LEGAL and CYA viewpoint.

If they wanted to trumpet their moral stance, they would proudly identify who they are and who the perp is.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    it sounds like the elders are being told to go to the police... as a priority....

Yes, assuming it's actually required by law for them to do so, in that particular state. That doesn't bother you in the least?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

BonaFide's experience is exactly what the filed court records detail from those 9 lawsuits settled out-of-court by WT in February-March 2007

FYI, due to the inept handling of all types of abuse cases by the Service Dept., back in 1991-92 the GB required the Service Dept. to share all child and domestic abuse reports with the Legal Dept., hence the reason for reporting the allegation twice.

The questionnaire form filled out by both men at WT headquarters is the "Child Abuse Telememo" form that WT attorneys fought so hard to keep from both court and public scrutiny when the seven California lawsuits wound their way through the court system. Part of that form consists of instructions for two elders to phone the police from a phone booth if the abuse happened in a mandated reporting state. Since phone booths are hard to find nowadays, I wonder if a purchased phone card is the suggested way to go because the number cannot be traced?

For those of you who are new on the board, see that "Telelmemo" form and other revealing documents WT was forced to produce during discovery on my website. They can be found in the almost 100-page Commentary that I wrote after reading over 5,000 pages of court material that I purchased from the courts. That Commentary and the actual records are free for downloading. Go to www.watchtowerdocuments.com and read this material for yourself which also can be obtained on a CD, "Secrets of Pedophilia in an American Religion, Jehovah's Witnesses in Crisis."

Barb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit