The League of Apostate Pioneers

by Megachusen 30 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is such a thing as dummy service (that is, pretending to be in field circus but you are actually doing other things). You could, for instance, do "street work" in a bookstore (Barnes and Noble is an example of one where it would work), but instead of placing wastes of paper, you will be browsing for books. You could also run other errands and call it "informal witnessing". Or, you can just turn in fake time slips (if you don't mind inflating their already inflated numbers--and it would count toward another foul should they claim more than 7 million witlesses again).

• yknot
    yknot

.... driving with a pub in your car windshield...... is called 'street witnessing' too!

Leaving tracts on the lip of trash cans.....

Leaving a tract anywhere you go really.

The biggest concern here is the Elders not trusting them due to age. This is why it is important to build a good foundation of trust with the elders and let them think they are 'molding' the group. Once they have established themselves with the Elders then they can hightail it to the movies, shopping center, lake or worldly friends house (RV or Study I mean)!

....Mega.... www.fafsa.ed.gov/

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Surprisingly, I'm in pretty good standing with the elders. They always ask me to do assembly parts and every once in a while they tell me that I'm a really good influence on the teens in the hall. I really don't know how I got this reputation since I don't even try to look like a good witness.

All of your advice on higher education is appreciated. I'm happy to say that all of us are planning on going to college -- though some of us are clueless on how to do so. I'll definitely relay your advice to the ones in doubt.

Personally, I'm planning on joining the Marine Corps in about a year. I figure I'll donate some of my salary every month (about 300$ out of 1200$) so my friend can keep a studio apartment while I'm in the Corps. He feels guilty about it but I just tell him that when I get out I'll appreciate the place to stay.

Speaking of getting out, when I finish my enlistment I'm planning on paying my college with the GI Bill and whatever other financial aide I need.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Dude- watch out for the Corps- you'll end up road kill in Bagdad or somewhere.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Mega,

Choose your friends carefully...

I figure I'll donate some of my salary every month (about 300$ out of 1200$) so my friend can keep a studio apartment while I'm in the Corps. He feels guilty about it but I just tell him that when I get out I'll appreciate the place to stay.

I know you mean well, but donating money sounds like a minefield.

Anyway, pioneering is easy enough to fake as others have already mentioned. If you want to use the time more productively than door-knocking, check into any opportunities to learn a foreign language. You might actually learn another language, and it's easy enough to fake your time when you're supposedly working with two different groups.

And plan your future carefully.

B the X

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am glad you have a league of your own, that you have friends that you can be honest with, share your circumstance with, even laugh with. I hope you can create a PLAN, but not pioneering though, such a waste of energy. Can you talk with a counselor at school to help you get into college, dorm, financial aid, grants and loans? Is there any supportive relative that can help you?

I wish the best for you. Be safe, be true to yourself, and hold on to your free mind.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

megachusen

Some of you might as well still be in the religion -- you are still as dogmatic and judgemental as any of them.

lol yup

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I agree with Gayle. I'm glad you have friends that you can be honest with. I also agree that pioneering or pretending to pioneer is a total waste of you r time and energy. You are old enough to be living a free, honest life. You don't need to keep pretending.

I think your Marines-GI Bill- college plan is a good one. Go for it. Be sure to follow through with your commitment to college. You will not be sorry.

Best of luck to you in your Marine assignments. Stay safe. And again, I agree with Gayle-be true to yourself and hold on to your free mind. You are about to begin your adult like free from the prison of the WTBS.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Megachusen,

Do what you want but I'm going to recommend that you don't fake pioneering. That's time that could be used doing something more constructive than pretending to be preaching just to make your parents and/or others in the congregation happy. I don't care how easy it is too fake your hours...its time wasted if you don't believe it.

There are a number of scholarships available and companies that will still pay your tuition if you choose to further your education. If you are already out of high school, you can always talk with administrators at local colleges and universities about your options. Be true to Mega...please DO NOT waste these precious years that should be spent building a foundation for the rest of your life pretending to be a pioneer...you will regret it. You're young and single...its yours for the taking...go for it!!!

BTW...joining the Marines is very noble.

Live your life,

Shop.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I'm thinking about starting my own Apostate pioneering group with them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit