People monitoring social networking sites

by CrazyBlonde 12 Replies latest jw friends

• CrazyBlonde
    CrazyBlonde

Hi,

Unsure if there is another thread on this, but I just wanted to put my two cents out there.

It seems that there are certain people in my cong who either have nothing better to do, or are self appointed saviours, who have apparently been monitoring my social networking page. They were my friends on said page, because I actually am/was friends with a few, not good, but still, friendly enough. I thought I had my settings so that they couldn't see most things, but apparently I wasn't vigilant enough!

They found something that caused them to be 'concerned' and went to the elders, and as a result, I got a visit...

This something they found? A quiz, no doubt written by an acne-infested 14 yr old geek developer... that was done purely in jest, for fun, because I thought it was funny. My result on this quiz? I am a vampire. Oh yay. Woot me. I totally believe that said quiz telling me I am a vampire means that I am one and that it was completely true and indicated my interest in the supernatural. *Groan*. And of course the fact that it showed my photo next to my quiz result, meant that I wanted myself to be associated with such things from Satan's world. *Double groan*

I just laughed at them when they said that was the reason of the visit. Appparently some one/s was/were concerned about me and my possible interest in the supernatural, and the occult, and Satan was being all devious on my ass.

And to top it off...it's going to be the special needs part this week!! Yay! Woot me! Although I was assured that it wasn't aimed at me personally, it was for everyone, so that we can keep on being careful, ensuring that what we do doesn't stumble others and keep wrestling with Satan.

*GROAN*. (I also felt a little like hitting my head repeatedly on the coffee table)

On a good note though, my husband did think it was weird. And he was a little speechless. It led into a good discussion with him about my feelings and I was able to be truthful with him finally about not wanting that for a life. I can't live like that and he now knows that. And seems ok with me making that decision as a mature adult.

• CrazyBlonde
    CrazyBlonde

Oh, and I got read to out of the old Bookstudy book, scriptures and all. And then we prayed.

Aw shucks. God loves me. You all love me and want to see me out witnessing and at the meetings. Pass me the kool aid posthaste, brothers.

NOT.

• dinah
    dinah

So, if your elders saw my quiz that said I was a "Pioneer Slut" they would probably have a heart attack.

It's so good to be away from all that nuttiness.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Congratulations! You got a special needs talk!

So... I think I have already welcomed you, but... what is the reason you are still going? Family?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think you should dress like Elvira for the special needs talk they are giving on your behalf so no one has to wonder and gossip about

WHO ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!

• CrazyBlonde
    CrazyBlonde

Hahaha thanks purplesofa. That's exactly what my friend at work said to do, dress like Elvira!! (non-witness, being a great friend through the whole nasty process. I have some great non-witness friends who get to listen to my issues and general unhappiness with things). Good to know there's others out there with a sense of humor, slightly twisted! :)

I could just wear white contact lenses, or insert false vampire teeth, to flash at inappropriate moments... but I think I might just wear all black and lots of eyeliner, and lunge suggestively at my husband's neck throughout the talk.

BabaYaga: I like to think that I'm THAT special ;P. I also make an real effort to wear skirts just above my knee, after we had the special needs on modesty where they specified that you shouldn't be able to see sister's knees. Apparently you shouldn't be able to see cleavage either, but seeing as I am 'smaller breasted' there really isn't any cleavage. I just endeavour to show chest skin...at all times. That will learn them :)

I'm still technically in, for family in that my husband is still in and is making no moves to leave as he's quite content to plod along doing the bare minimum. He's a believer, not a questioner like myself, but by no means the attention seeking type.

We are getting to the stage where he is ok with me wanting and eventually being out. Half his family aren't/have left JWs, and they aren't the shunning type. So his side would be ok with me being out. My family on the other hand are a real piece of work (refer to previous posts!). They would write me off and tell me that they can no longer have anything to do with me unless I drag my sorry repentant wreck of a being back to God's precious truth (if I DA'd or got DF'd). So I'm TRYING to do the slow fade thing. Although now that the elders are noticing me...grr. And are doing the whole 'it would be great to see you out.. blah bla blha' thing, 'you are a real asset' BLAH BLAH.

Dinah: how do I access that quiz? I have tried through links on here but it said that it was restricted...

• NINfan05
    NINfan05

You know what tho??? vamps r so cool. especially sparkly ones...(twilight) hehe

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

You should try to get a recording of your special needs talk. Go to the pimply "brother" working the sound and tell him that you need a copy since it's about you.

I had a major "issue" with facebook too. I had my groups blocked, but facebook did an upgrade and my groups ended up unblocked. Someone saw that I was in an "ex-jw" group (not that I had posted ANYTHING, I could have been connected to it to do "witnessing" for all they knew). But the word quickly spread among all my "friends" that I was an evil apostate and should be shunned. Nobody said anything to me to verify if it was true or not, they just removed thier links to me and started the shun.

I would be pissed if they went straight to the elders. That goes directly against thier procedures where they're supposed to go to you first. THEY are the ones who commited the sin of not listening to the Biblical/JW rule of going to your brother FIRST. There should be a special needs talk on THAT.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I would have told them I purposely took the quiz to see what would occur. And now that they've contacted you, you now have names that you can use to identify to the authorities regarding harrassment and stalking issues within the congregation. Thank you! Good day.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

"...and Satan was being all devious on my ass."

ROFFLMFAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit