When you heard "apostate" who did you imagine?

by nbernat 34 Replies latest jw friends

• nbernat
    nbernat

I've always imagined a 60-year-old man with white hair who is really arrogant and grumpy with an evil look in his eyes, a very cold person who wanted to do nothing but ruin people's lives and was working for Satan. I never imagined I'd be one...

...that or a 55-year-old woman with gray hair with glasses and a very rude look, and smarter-than-thou attitude.

You?

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

The guy wearing the horse blinders

that was ranting and raving outside

of the assembly when I was a kid

Not a good example

• nbernat
    nbernat

Yeah...some of those give us a bad name.

• Kudra
    Kudra

I thought o fhtese few ex JWs that apostasized (!) from our congregation.

I thought that they were losers who had nothing better to do than to talk about SilentLambs to everyone. It didn't help that I disliked on of these guys when we were both witnesses.

I didn't even care about "shunning" them. I just would give them a huge eyeroll, letting them know I thought that they were lame.

-K

• Megachusen
  • mraimondi
    mraimondi

the morons outside of the conventions.

utterly annoying and retarded.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Yep. Agree with mraimondi - or raving lunatic types or ones that are clearly just a little off their rockers...never anyone thoughtful or that I would take seriously.

• blondie
    blondie

I always thought they were people that publicly said they were no longer jws and were actively working against the WTS by sending letters contradicting WTS doctrine to jws, talking to them about the same.

I actually watched John Ankerberg's show when a group of ex-jws were on. One said that all the copies of The Way To Paradise (VanAmburgh, 1925) had been ordered burned. Our local congregation had a copy, as did 2 jws in their personal libraries. On a visit to Bethel, I checked their library and found several copies (at the time the library was open to visitors). So that made me wonder if their other statements were true. It is important when talking to jws that you have a good foundation under what you say. That is why I say hang them with their own words.

Blondie

• White Dove
    White Dove

I imagined a large group of well dressed angry people yelling in bull horns and carrying picket signs. Those were the only ones I'd ever seen. Always dressed well and angry.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I certainly didn't want to be like THEM! I wanted to be happy and peaceable, getting along with others. Apostates of my JW years were big mouths, badly behaved and not happy at all. They really did make the rest of them who were happy and well behaved, look bad. There was no way I was ever going to listen to an apostate based on what I saw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit