1949- Pioneers who got Married were treated like a Disfellowshiped person!!!

by Witness 007 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

They had to print what this "old timer" said...but they made him clarify....it's not the society's view is it?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

That's terrible...shunned while pioneers! Talk about "love amongst yourselves!"

• besty
    besty

the reason this is in there:

" so we took refuge in prayer and put our trust in Jehovah."

answer to all your problems right there.

Boxer, the horse in George Orwell's Animal Farm lived by two principles: "I will work harder" and "Napoleon is always right"

Despite the abusive ill-treatment this couple kept pioneering knowing that Jehovah is always right.

Now you know why this part of the experience survived the final cut. Geddit?

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

This is a shinning example of the power the WTS organization created over the rest of the flock,

once they made the anoucement that this was the only solem organization guided by god, the corrption

took hold and the rest is history.

• Dagney
    Dagney

When someone complained to Knorr about his previous stance on singlehood, he was said to have answered, "That's what you get for following men." I heard this story my whole life.

Marriage and children were really frowned upon when my parents came in. It's the same mindset, the "undeserving publisher" continues to serve this "loving" god Jehovah, and at the same time acknowledging their continued sinfulness for the desire to marry someone they love and have a family.

Ick ick ick.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Discrete slaves to god's will and purpose or discrete slaves to the Watchtower corporation and their will and purpose ?

This is the question I asked myself some 30 years ago, I left when I realized the answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit