1949- Pioneers who got Married were treated like a Disfellowshiped person!!!

by Witness 007 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Rutherford's book "Children" printed in 1941 told brothers NOT to have children or get married before Armagedon....the result?

Watch. 91 11/1 P.29 {Special Pioneers lifestory he has to mention a bad situation} "In May 1949 I informed Headquaters in Bern that I planned to marry Marthe and we desired to remain in Full-time Service. The reaction? No Privledges except Pioneering! I was not permitted to give talks...many no longer greeted us, treating us like disfellowshiped personseven though we were Pioneers. We knew getting married was not un-scriptural...."

This is why many Governing body members like Sidlik and Barr were not married till in their late 40's.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I know of a couple that got married during that time period and they told me that they had to get married by the Justice of the Peace. Their marriage was looked down upon by the people in the congregation and none of their JW friends would come to their wedding. Their friends went out in the field service instead on the day of their wedding.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Then, when Knorr wanted to marry Audrey, the policy changed. Just another issue, that the Society can change policy on a dime without any apology for any affected. Vaccination issue, organ transplants, blood fractions, etc etc etc. Changes - no apology ever for those that suffered, died, didn't get married,,didn't have children. The Society's members are dispensible, can always get more.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Seems that nothing really changes until one of the GB is personally affected.

Children's rights? Activities for children and teens?? GB have no children so these are inconsequential to them. The children are expected to be little adults.

-Aude.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

put up the full quote i'd like to see the rest

• Witness 007
  • cabasilas
    cabasilas

Just to confirm what Gayle said...

In the 60s we had a Circuit Servant (Overseer) named Russell Cantwell and he shared the story of how he met his wife. He was at Brooklyn Bethel in the 40s and his wife to be was a pioneer. They planned to get married when he left Bethel. Cantwell said that Knorr was not happy they were getting married. But he added, "That was before he met Audrey." Knorr got married to Audrey about 1951 or so and the Society's negative view on JWs getting married suddenly changed.

• blondie
    blondie

This is the complete thing...it is only a small story and the next item does not pertain.

*** w91 11/1 p. 29 ‘Jehovah Is My God, in Whom I Will Trust’ ***In May 1949, I informed headquarters in Bern that I planned to marry Marthe and that we desired to remain in full-time service. The reaction? No privileges other than regular pioneering. This we started in Biel, following our wedding in June 1949. I was not permitted to give talks, nor could we look for accommodations for delegates to a forthcoming assembly, even though we had been recommended by our circuit overseer for this privilege. Many no longer greeted us, treating us like disfellowshipped persons, even though we were pioneers.
    We knew, however, that getting married was not unscriptural, so we took refuge in prayer and put our trust in Jehovah. Actually, this treatment did not reflect the Society’s view. It was simply a result of the misapplication of organizational guidelines.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

"Actually, this treatment did not reflect the Society's view..." BULLCRAP LAIRS!

Rutherford's book "Children" 1941 p.281 "There were no children on Noah's ark or born on the ark...proper to wait till after Armagedon to bring children into the world...it is only afew years....to Armagedon."

Conclusion: {Young Pioneer couple decide not to go ahead with marriage} "Armagedon is surely near...our hope is that within a few years we will have sweet children...we can defer our marriage till lasting peace comes to the earth....we will not see each other for a time..."

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Okay, is anyone else stunned that they would admit that by actually putting it in a Watchtower?!

How can people read this stuff and still go plodding along...?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit