How long will the WTBTS survive?

by Megachusen 24 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

The thing that may give them problems soon is Cash Flow, it is all very well having loads of property, but most of that is held for a reason and cannot be sold easily,that which they can sell may struggle to find a buyer,yet they need the $ on a daily basis.

Noo Lite may soon show the need for a Tithe by some other name.

Love

Wobble

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

With it's tight controls it may last a long time.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My money is still on, gone as they currently exist by 2020...

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Too long

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Ditto

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has. All the doctrinal flailing has rapidly increased and the retention rate among the young is abysmal, they're losing about half. Also, moving operations to more remote areas is often a sign of a cult in leadership crisis.

They're trying to soften some aspects like blood and meeting, preaching requirements, but at the same time tightening their grasp on claims of being the only channel of salvation.

There's even indications that there's dissention of thought among the GB...I've been getting "acts of desperation" vibes from the WTS for the last 5 years...maybe even longer.

I think it'd be premature to set a date, because unlike them, I don't claim to be a prophet. But, they're in trouble financially and of course, authoritatively and spiritually, I have no doubt of it.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Well maybe 2014 will prove to be a hard year for them. Considering it will be 100 years since Jesus started ruling according to their chronology. The rank and file might start to wonder.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Every year they continue to survive and have some semblance of stability is that much of a risk of having them plunging the whole world into the Second Dark Ages. They have to go--and the sooner this planet is free from those cockroaches, the better.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

There's a guy on youtube who says on November 6th, 2017 there will be no JWs left.

Personally, I think in 10 years the religion will be unrecognizable as the one I grew up in. But the JWs will all think it's always been that way, like a frog in slowly boiling water.

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

I'm surprised at how many people in this thread think that it has 40+ years left.

For once the society has been right -- the scene of this world is changing. Rationality is making a come back and I'm certain the GB is aware of it. Look at the new "Wonders" DVD: they completely ignore evolution. Why? For the past 100 years they've bad-mouthed and criticized evolution while making erroneous claims and spreading disinformation. Why stop now?

When the DVD was being announced the brother giving the talk made it clear: this is their new anti-evolution medium. The brother explained three times how it was supposed to replace our current "Life How Did It Get Here" book. If it is indeed supposed to replace the past anti-evolution literature, why does it never talk about it? For further evidence of this back-peddling make a note at your convention at how many times the brothers mention evolution while giving talks that have nothing to do with it.

Check out this article: http://www.watchtower.org/e/20080101a/article_01. htm

In it they explain how it's impossible to reconcile evolution with their beliefs. Well, I've got bad news for them: they're going to have to soon if they want to survive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit