How long will the WTBTS survive?

by Megachusen 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

Give it your best educated guess. How long do you guys think it has left?

Personally, I think it has about 10 years before the org's leadership disolves and the religion splinters into hundreds of adorable little JW-like cults.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am guessing the Borg has less than 10 yrs as we know it. It will eventually splinter like the original Bible Students did. If it survives longer than ten years it will become even more evil and more worthy of destruction.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It'll be around a while, they have a lot of property....

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I wish 10 years was all that was left but I'm guessing longer but I do think there will be a big shake up within the next 5-10 years where many will break off as my guess the GB will have to do something about their bogus 1914. Sooner or later they will have to do it and right now it seem that they are setting themselves very high in the minds of the JWs. All the latest mags and crap about how wonderful they are and how they're the only ones following Christ and all the other crap that makes one vomit. This type of indoctrination will allow them to do a major change down the road while hoping that there will be enough of brain dead JWs to accept the major NEW LIGHT and keep following the "filthy slave" without asking too many questions. JMO

• nbernat
    nbernat

I'm thinking 40 years. Long enough for lots of the anointed to die and lots of the people who are in to get tired of the Truth and enough time for young people to get fed up and leave. By that time, the GB will have to include either crappy anointed brothers or non-anointed brothers.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

People, they have already started melting and meshing and transforming.

They have already regrouped and you haven't noticed.

They are under the umbrella of inter-faith ventures now with the rest of the "christian" churches and orgs that have been falling apart.

They are now under new names.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Longer than the people who respond to this thread..............................................OUTLAW

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I think right now I agree with Nbernat. I went to the convention today, and the younger ones, in their 20's, 30's and even those in their 40's seemed pretty strong. There was more "excitement" than last year, sorry to say.

Seemed like everyone loved the program, lots of applause.

So, yes, maybe 40 years. Wow. Sad.

BF

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It will likely live on in some form or another. There are plenty of sheep around for whatever wacko ideals are getting preached.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

They will always be around, though they will probably look allot different. Compare how they look today to 100yrs ago. They have to much money to just disappear in 10 years. Any splinter groups just won't have the money to survive.

If there ever was a splinter group my vote is that it will occur in Zambia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit