Are you old?

by John Doe 77 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

What does 'old' mean?

If you're a guy, you're as old as the woman you feel.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

My neighbor (4 years younger than me) called me *old* because I complained about other noisy neighbors getting drunk and having ANOTHER party at their house last week.

Their last party broke up at 2am and woke me up to shrill screams from one of the girlfriends out on the street - right outside my bedroom window. It was a horrible way to wake up and I don't like when that happens.

Plus they use way too much lighter fluid to get the bbq started and it stinks up my house.

I don't think that makes me old. Just makes me boring.

-Aude.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I don't think that makes me old. Just makes me boring.
    -Aude.

Maybe it just makes you reasonable.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Old does change, or your perspective on what is old, as you go through the decades. I think when your hair turns white, your skin is thin, your bones are brittle, you shuffle along instead of walking, you can't hear well from age and you have cloudy looking corneas, you sound like a little old lady or man and aren't "all there" anymore, you are old or elderly. When you become elderly, you are old. Some people are like that at 60. Some are 75 or 80 before they began to look and sound that way. When I was a child, I didn't think of my grandparents as old. I did think of my 80 something year old great grandma Gammy as old. She terrified me because she was a wild old lady. She once put the new puppy we brought to her under the wheel of our car, hoping we'd run over it. Her geese would chase us and bite us. She would give us soda crackers and water if we were good little kiddies. She was skinny, she sounded old and she acted old/elderly.

• nbernat
    nbernat

Lol. Why do you say that beksbks? Maybe I should add more lol's and smilies to my posts so I come off as younger haha. I attribute my seriousness partially to the whole JW mentality that's encouraged at our Hall.

• beksbks
    beksbks

You shouldn't even be on these threads nbernat. You should be out doing things that piss off your parents.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    You should be out doing things that piss off your parents.

At your age beks, you should be a better role model.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    My neighbor (4 years younger than me) called me *old* because I complained about other noisy neighbors getting drunk and having ANOTHER party at their house last week.

They're just assholes. I complained about nosiy neighbors when I was a teenager. They didn't give me any lip either, but called me "sir."

• beksbks
    beksbks
    At your age beks, you should be a better role model.

Doe!! You..........................could be right.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I've been 25 for the past *cough* several years. So NO, I'm not old! My baby will be 11 this year, I can't believe what a ho I was at the age of 14!!! LMAO!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit