Are you old?

by John Doe 77 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    STFU, Doe. You're depressing me and I was born in so I can't spell to vent my frustrations.

Why?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Some one said to me when you're in your 50's you are in your "youth" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .of old age.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Some one said to me when you're in your 50's you are in your "youth" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .of old age.

• Gayle
    Gayle

• John Doe
    John Doe

You want depressing, just consider that every single adult alive now will be gone and buried in a mere century.

• crapola
    crapola

John Doe boy, I've been teasing you. Of course we get old. I have to admit it takes me a while longer to stand up straight after I have been sitting a while and I can't lift as much or work quite as fast as I used to. But if I think about age, well what good does it do? I know I'm getting older. I color my hair now to hide the fact , but hey as long as I can keep on keepin on then that's what I intend to do, no matter how many years I live.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!!!

Wait what was this thread about?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Here's a related question. Why do we honor things that are old, so long as they're not human? Trees that are thousands of years old are met with sighs of awe and wonder. Yet, we fear and avoid the topic of our own increasing ages. Why are we inconsistent?

• nbernat
    nbernat

Because trees aren't sentient.

• nbernat
    nbernat

And most of the very old trees still are functioning properly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit