When does your fade end?

by treadnh2o 11 Replies latest jw friends

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Can't help but think my fade us complete. My wife, kids and parents are all at the DC right now and I am home. I played Golf yesterday, smoked a cigar and drank WAY too much. With the exception of the memorial, have not been to a meeting in 2009. I met with the elders once two months ago and don't think they will DF me for fear of me making life miserable for the wife. Guess I am really out!

Is this what you call a power fade?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Tread lightly, sir.

One wild hair between the a$$cheeks of a single elder can change the whole game.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I don't care if the game changes, as I view these Elders as VERY insignificant is my life.

I won't DA because my wife asked me not to. If I get DF'd, it's not my decision.

I really don't care if I p*ss any elders off. Most of them have VERY disfunctional brains anyway.

Its probably why i feel the fade is over- because I really don't care.

• chickpea
    chickpea

my "fade" ended in a front page
    article in the local daily ....

my FtM transgender son and i
    had been to washington DC to
    lobby with a national activist
    group for legislation that would
    amend the Safe and Drug Free
    Schools and Community Act...

we went to capital hill and met with
    senate and congressional staff...
    my son also met with the sec'y
    of education re: LGBTQ issues
    in the nation's schools.....

he is as publicly "out" as any one
    can get without taking out a full
    page ad (oh wait, we kinda did)

and i am publicly supporting him....
    so if i were a betting type, i would
    bet that it is abundantly clear that
    "i am no longer one of jehovah's witness"

btw: the newspaper blurb for the june mtg
    of the local PFLAG is about the panel that
    will be addressing the issues of LGBTQ families....
    guess who is on the panel?

• blondie
    blondie

I think you have the idea. As time goes by their opinion means less and less. It really depends on how close you were and are to your jw family and how being df'd will change that.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh man I don't know if my fade will ever end.

• wobble
    wobble

A fade can never end in the mind of the Witnesses, they just view you as inactive,there is no cut-off point where they would not DF you if they could.

I guess if you are lucky enough to have a B of E that can't be assed to DF you, even though they have proof that would satisfy a JC, then you can say your fade has ended,but it hasn't really, it is just down to their whim.

Love

Wobble

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Wobbly,

The fade is about me not them-It ends when I say it ends.

I personally don't believe the recovery can ever end. It messes up ones head to drastically.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You had an excellent fade. If you can keep away from them or just go to the memorial and nothing else, you may be able to stay in the fade indefinitely. It's hard to say, though. There are always new C.O's with an agenda or elders that get a burr up their britches or some new directive from HQ that can make it hard.

My fade is for my mother's sake. It was going great until they studied something- I believe it was the index to the Bible Teach Book at the service meeting a few months ago. My mother said she would have to shun me if I ever were to DA or get DF'ed. She was fine before they studied that. That means I have to keep up the fade. Maybe one day, they will have some new directive about "inactive" ones.

But as time goes by, there's less and less to worry about. If I were to be pestered by the C.O. or the elders, WHO CARES ANYMORE?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

My fade (and a portion of my anonymity) will end when my beloved family is out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit