I Just Talked To An Old JW Friend About The Dumbness of The Organization

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

He could be afraid to do research. You know the WTBS frowns on this and the R&F are still brainwashed.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

I don’t think he’s lazy are necessarily brainwashed. It’s really hard taking the risk of being cut off or distanced from your family and life. I know a Jewish girl at work that is not religious but spends time on jdate.com looking for a husband. She wouldn’t dare risk upsetting her family by marrying a non-Jew. How many in the Middle East are willing to openly proclaim they don’t believe in Islam? Some people are lazy or brainwashed, but the fear of being alone can be overwhelming.

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

He might well be a follower ad-nauseum of this : "Ignorance is bliss."

• minimus
    minimus

I think he's lazy and ignorant. He doesn't want to look up anything. He just wants to bitch and moan. That's ok. But not for moi.

• Heaven
    Heaven

minimus... You have an opportunity here to start him thinking about what he can do to change his situation. Ask him to start thinking about ways he might be able to improve things. Try to get him to move into the 'Discovery' phase of the change cycle. He's obviously not happy so ask him what would make him happy. Try to get his mind shifted into positive possibilities. Ask him "If you and your family weren't JWs, what would your life be like? What would you be doing with your time? How would you fulfill your Physical, Emotional, Mental, and Spiritual needs in this alternate life?" Get him to write it down.

You have an opportunity here to help mentor him. Maybe you can take some time to define how you would like to accomplish this. That is, if you think he is worth it.

• minimus
    minimus

Heaven, you're funny. Lazy people don't wanna think, make decisions, contemplate things.

• d.boon
    d.boon

I wouldn't even openly talk to a MS who wanted to complain about “the people” in this religion but still believes this religion is "the truth". You’re just asking for trouble in my opinion. (especially if your trying to stay low key)

• Quirky1
  • minimus
    minimus

boon, I was a bit reticent but he told me enough that I could hang him if I wanted to.

• Heaven
    Heaven

minimus... sometimes laziness is the outward manifestation of internal abject terror and hopelessness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit