I Just Talked To An Old JW Friend About The Dumbness of The Organization

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

He came by my work and we talked. He pretty much became irregular (as a Publisher), moved away and recently moved back into the area. He's now a MS again and he's bemoaning his lot in life and sees a lot of stupidity within the "Truth". He stays active because of his wife and elderly JW parents but clearly is irritated by the inconsistencies of the rules and their applications.

We talked about 1914, the generation, birthdays, the preaching, elders, etc.

The bottom line: He says he really doesn't like being around most people but will continue to do what he "has" to do. I wished him the best and expressed that he enjoy life as best as possible.

What a waste.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It's really sad when they can see the "Truth" for what it is but are powerless to do anything about it.

• minimus
    minimus

I see it also as laziness.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Alot of Witnesses are like this guy look around at the meeting..... Brothers Elder ......Servants

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

He stays active because of his wife and elderly JW parents

You can do that for so long.....but sooner or later something has to go....I give him months before he stops.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

This org is such a trap. I wonder how many are in the same conundrum

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Speaking about the utter stupidity of the Borg, I was thinking about this the other day, since it's been a year when the announcement was made that the Book Study would be discontinued because of . . . GAS PRICES !?!? Are they really that empty headed to think that the elders all received Jehovah's heavenly spirit and concluded that he wanted to stop a meeting discussing "His word" because of GAS PRICES ???

And they all just programed their mind to accept that . . . UNBELIEVABLE ! ! ! Pass the kool-aid. .

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

Minimus- It's were I am stuck. Do I call it laziness? No. Far from it. It takes way more work at doing something you are not supportive of than running with what you believe. Why do some of us do it? Family is probably the main reason. Maybe social interaction with the only ones you ever knew. Could be because you think you can be the answer to the problem and correct a situation, even if it is only with a few. Who knows? Each of us have to answer that one for ourself. We make concessions. We make deals with ourselves on what we will and will not tolerate in our life. Some of us will tolerate alot in order to keep a relative level of peace in our lives. Your friend may be lazy? Or he may need an outlet to vent his feelings even though he is stilll between his rock and hard place.

• minimus
    minimus

Not all people are lazy. This guy doesn't want to research anything, look at the histroy of anything. He just wants to stay the aimless course and complain.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

Oh..sorry. Misunderstood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit