The JW library CD - Are the articles in their original version?

by bohm 15 Replies latest jw friends

• 4examp
    4examp

I would like a copy of the latest Library CD.
    Can anyone help?

I'm from Ontario (Oakville, K/W, Barrie & North).

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Bookmarked.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Orwell said: " Everything Faded to the mist, the past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became TRUTH"

The internet is rapidly changing the ability for this to happen. The past cannot be easily erased anymore. The issue is now changing. There are so many versions of the past and present the problem is determining which one is the most accurate representation. Those that can make their version of current truth the most believable will be the ones to prosper.

• flaks
    flaks

This makes me furios.

Few weeks ago I learned about Watchtower relations with UN.

When I first started to come to the kingdom halls I felt that something wasn't right (like something they said and their close mindedness etc) but i couldn't point it out. Then 1 year later i read something in the watchtower/Awake which I knew was just propaganda (global warming because of too much co2, mens violence against women etc) and said directly to my parents I didn't want more publications of awake/watchtower anymore(bit out of line maybe, but got angry that this could possibly come out from so called "faithful discreet slave").

So many months later while studing the NWO more closely I ended up finding out the NGO case and lots more.

I have a question though. How can we wake them up about this issue for instance if they just fake the things they don't want them to find out? What else have they been faking?

• bohm
    bohm

flaks: Welcome to the board! I dont know what you or your parents background it, but i applaud you for doing independent research - this is the core issue. If you are just starting out, i would very much recommend you to read some of the excelent sites there are on jehovas witnesses, for example jwfacts.com or

If you want to help your parents... well, first and foremost, im not an expert, but i think the most important thing is to understand exactly how complicated things are psychologically for them - i would very much recommend you to read "Releasing the bonds" by stephen hassan - it really provides a roadmap for how one should educate oneself in order to help others.

You might be a bit disappointed to read it is also about other cults than JW, but that is really a strength, since it is very important to give them examples from other cults (scientology, moonies, mormons, you name it...) and let them draw parallels themselves - but much more about that in the book.

if you want information for yourself on jw, i would recommend jwfacts.com, http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk (especially the one called the "jensen letters") and if you want books, then crisis of conscience and "apocalypse delayed".

Best of luck! you might want to post your story when you feel ready for it, it sounds interesting :-)

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

bohm, what you just said is so true. And there will probably always be these cults. But educating oneself is the best defense.

What bothers me most and what is most dishonest about their editorial policy as mentioned earlier is that they don't state the changes. They just sneak them in. Newspapers, books, most published works make changes. It is after all their right. But they often state very clearly that corrections have been made and what they are. When you couple WT's lack of transparency with the fact that in almost every case the changes cover over some embarassing prophetic nightmare this amounts to intellectual dishonesty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit