Images of the new publication releases plus preface to new book...

by drew sagan 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Lost-In-Translation
    Lost-In-Translation

I believe there are several objectives with the new book.

1. Encourage all JWs to keep preaching. They want to get the idea across that preaching and teaching is a normal activity for all Christians. If it was done in the 1st Century - it should be done now.
    2. That Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true religion. The WBTS wants to convince all JWs that the organization they have created copies the 1st Century congregation. The WBTS wants to validate itself as the "true and only" organization used by Jesus Christ.
    3. The Governing Body members are like Jesus apostles. The book will make is seem that it would be an act of disloyalty to God to question any decision made by the Governing Body. Just as the 1st Century Christians had to listen to the apostles - all JWs must do the same today.

The WTBS and the Governing Body need to do everything they can to stop JWs from questioning or leaving their organization. If they can convince JWs that their organization is a natural extension of the 1st Century congregation - there is no need to go anywhere else. Since the "end" has not come - they need to reinvent themselves, make a new songbook, convince JWs that they are in the "truth." The Marketing Department of the WTBS is surely working overtime.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

The Governing Body members are like Jesus apostles

This seems like a very intended outcome of these books, with the June WT lifting up the GB higher than the anointed......

• minimus
    minimus

The Governing Body DOES REALLY CARE for us. I can sense it.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Hey, what's with that geezer and his demonic looking claw hand? I thought they said they were not going to do any of that creepy art any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit