There is a JW Therapist Elder in Southern California - Experience

by BonaFide 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Marjorie
    Marjorie
    His wife said this: "Yea, its great because since he is an elder, he can help the friends with therapy, and he can include Scriptures. A lot of Witnesses need help, but they think their issues are related to their spirituality. So he helps them to see that their issues does not mean they are not spiritual. He helps them get rid of guilt feelings. The only thing is that they have to sign a form stating that if they have committed a wrong that the elders need to know about, he will not be obligated to keep confidentiality. A lot of the sisters have eating disorders, so he helps them. Plus a lot of others, brothers and sisters."

His own wife shouldn't even know this.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, it's not ethical. Someone needs to go covert and expose his a$$. If I was in SoCa I'd do it.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I, too, am absolutely stunned.

It looks like he would lose his license over this!!!

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

No PP, it is not.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Then he should be reported.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

double post

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

You know now if there was a ex-jw therapist that would be awesome....just think of the help this person could do. They know what its like to be a jw, the emotional turmoil and baggage one carry's when leaving. This would be the greatest help of all, they would know how to help they have been there. Therapists today do not know how to cope with leaving jw's they can not fully grasp the mental emotions felt in my opinion.

I imagine this guy uses scriptures to keep them in....sigh......

hope4others

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

There was one in Connecticut who was DF'd 2-3 years ago.

Not sure of his status now.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Even if it were ethical (not), the nice thing about therapy is that the person is helped by the therapist and hopefully never has to see them again. I can't imagine seeing a therapist that I also see at the KH or at an assembly. I think that could create a whole new set of issues. Why would anyone want to see him professionally and why would he want a practice like this?

• besty
    besty

check your PM's bonafide

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit