I just want this to stop!: Update

by mrsjones5 14 Replies latest social family

• garybuss
    garybuss

Every time I look out for myself and my family, I win. Every time I lower my own boundaries, I lose. From my personal experience, kids are better off without Witness grandparents if the grandparents are like my parents. The Witness grandparents will influence your own children to shun you. That's what mine did.

I wouldn't let my kids within 100 miles of a believing Jehovah's Witness under ANY circumstances.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Josie, I'm glad that everything has calmed down -- even if turns out to be just for the moment.

And truth be told, Gary's viewpoint has much to recommend - at least for minor children.

It's a cult. It's dangerous. If JW relatives can't leave the poison at home, you may have to leave them alone.

Just speaking from my own experience. Your mileage may vary.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I totally get Gary. One of the reasons I loved living in Indiana was the distance between my parents and I. Mother couldn't just pop in and I could ignore my parents' calls. So I'm putting myself back into the Indiana/distance mindset.

There is another side story I didn't tell the board:

Before we had set out for California and were talking to my parents about what kind of help they were offering, Dad made the suggestion of having my two older boys live with them. He made the suggestion (oh it was close to a demand) because my parents were only able to find two bedroom apartments (being here now I find that hard to believe) and only five people are legally allowed to live in a two bed apt. Dad continues on and says "You know I don't allow false religion in my house so the boys will be required to go to the hall with me and your mother. They won't be allowed to stay in the house by themselves." I told my father I could not agree to something like that, thank you for the offer but we will make other arrangements. I should have stuck with that but Mother begged and talked me into accepting help with finding a place to stay and like a fool I let them help me.

Josie

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Coffee

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit