I just want this to stop!: Update

by mrsjones5 14 Replies latest social family

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

On my last topic I talking about how mean and harassing my parents were being and how I had to change the deadbolt on my front door to keep my father out. Well the update is my father didn't carry out his threat. He never showed and has ceased calling. Quiet before the storm? Perhaps, but I'm not going to let it get to me - I've got a husband to take care of and a family to raise. Sad thing is my kids don't seem to care or miss them.

Josie

• ninja
    ninja

hope things get better jonesy......ninja

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks ninja...I hope so too

• StAnn
    StAnn

That is sad about your kids. I was raised without grandparents in my life because my grandparents were "worldly." It sucks not having grandparents. But in the case of your parents, your kids may be better off, given the cult mindset.

Serena

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

On Friday my eight year old son's school had Grandparents' day. The kids were to invite their grandparents to school for a children's performance and tour of their grandchild's classroom and then afterwards perhaps taking their child to lunch. I didn't even bother to tell my parents about it - they wouldn't gone and I didn't want my son to ask them just to get his heart broken. So I went to the performance and told my son afterwards what a good job he did. His sweet smile told me that he was glad I went. My parents don't appreciate what they are missing.

Josie

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Mrs. Jones,

Wanted to say hi, but this is too close to home emotionally to comment on.

Wishing and hoping the best.

Love,

CoCo

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you CoCo

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Joise,

Hang in there. I know it must be difficult. We're thinking of you.

-LWT

• parakeet
    parakeet

mrsjones, check out journey-on's thread (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/175940/1/I-Am-Literally-Shaking). She's also having problems with her JW family (a sister, in this instance).

I'm glad you're protecting yourself and your family against JWs, even if it includes your parents. Trying to please everyone just doesn't work.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I appreciate that LWT.

Yeah Parakeet, you're so right. Trying to please someone by denying your true self is mentally taxing. It's actually been easier dealing with social services than it has been to deal with my parents.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit