What was the stupidest advice you ever taken from the Kingdom Hall?

by asilentone 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• out4good3
    out4good3

Freeman

Had a similar moment in 1993. Two elders in my living room telling me I was wasting my time going back to college. It was an ephiphany moment.

• blondie
    blondie

Wait on Jehovah

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

blondie:

Wait on Jehovah

That phrase is one of the most irritating phrases I ever heard in the organization. It was a phrase used as a cop out to avoid doing anything.

My last week as an elder I took the CO on a shepherding call (Snakes style, not typical Borg shepherding.... my style was listen not beat...encourage, not kick)...as we were going back to the KH to drop him off, we discussed the problems in the KH and specifically the BOE (and in particular jackass elder)....he said "Wait on Jehovah"

good thing I was pulling into the parking lot. I stopped the car and said: "Brother CO, unlike the elders, YOU are directly appointed by the Governing Body. When we elders, who are allegedly appointed by holy spirit, don't clean house, it is YOUR job to do so. Elders should not wait on Jehovah to make the congregation whole. CO's definitely should not wait more than a visit or two (to get a feel for the land) before taking action to protect the innocent." He did not really have much to say after I let him have it.

I was deleted as an elder that evening. Seven months later, I attended my last meeting.

Another Organization phrase I hear from JW apologists and defenders (especially my mom) that know there is crap going down...is:

"It's God's perfect organization made up of imperfect men." Bulls*it.

As a side bar, the other phrase I hate in or out of the borg is: "It's not that bad." Well damnit...if it's not bad, then why don't people say "It's good!" ? Why? Because it is bad, that's why. LOL

Snakes ()

• donny
    donny

When I accepted "counsel" that perfoming oral sex on my (ex) wife was wrong.

Don

• caliber
    caliber

With regard to fuller meeting attendance & service... I was told by an Elder .. "you can take off all the time

you want because you're self employed !" My response ..IF you don't have the self-discipline to treat

your business like a business guess what ? ....pretty soon you don't have a business .

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

He really said that to you?

God Almighty! Talk about brain dead!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Are you getting prepared for this summer's banquet of spiritual food that god will provide us at this year's assembly ?

Or , are you prepared fully and completely for soon end of this system of things of Armageddon ?

What I 'd like to hear from them would be " did we scare the shit out enough with are contrived bullshit so you'll

buy and hopefully sell are literature to make us money ? "

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Just touching someone "down there" is viewed the same as "putting it in."

Was that clear?

Rub a Dub

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I remember that one Jack214, I tried it I think when I was about 16 .

It didn't work , but not all too surprising though most likely the guy who wrote that article was in his 60's or 70's

and probably couldn't remember being a teen male and probably couldn't remember the last time he even had a woody himself.

• sspo
    sspo

All apostates are demonized, we should never read any material they publish, never watch them on TV,

we could easily come under the influence of Satan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit